Why are they being so mean?

I eventually reached the maths class, late obviously. A few people were staring at me through the window as I decided to knock on the door. 

"Sorry I'm late sir." I apologized, stood by the door, facing him. Everyone looked up from their work and faced me. 

"It's fine." He reassured me, smiling. "Just take a seat next to Denzil."

I looked around the classroom, trying to find where he was sat. He gave me a little wave as I made my way towards him, covering my face with my hand with the hope that people would stop staring.

"Any time today would be nice." A girl with black hair and freckles made a snide comment towards me. I recognized her from in the toilets earlier, she was the girl who had accidentally assaulted me.

I quickly sat down in the empty chair Mr Chalk had instructed me to sit in.

"As I was saying... Ratios."  I rested my head on my hand, which was shaped like a fist whilst taking high interest in Mr Chalk's teachings. Everyone around me looked bored stiff, but I found the lesson both fascinating and educational. 

"So sir! Say there are 1,000 girls in the school and only 250 of them are fit. Does that mean the ratio of fit birds to ugly birds is 1;4?" Everyone laughed, I don't see why, it wasn't even funny. It was just a stupid comment which made him out to be a complete and utter douche-bag. He grinned at me but I just rolled my eyes at him and looked up at Mr Chalk.

Ten minutes later, the lesson was disturbed, yet again, by the slamming of a door and two girls, who looked identical, walking in. "What's up sir?" One of them said as she made her way towards the back and sat on a chair, shortly followed by the other girl

"YOU'RE LATE!" He reminded them, looking extremely annoyed.

"Soz." The both replied in chorus, putting their legs up on the table and leaning back on the chairs.

Mr Chalk huffed and turned his back to the board again. Everyone was being so disrespectful and he was just letting them get away with it.. Clearly this teacher doesn't know how to control his class.

The rest of the lesson went by extremely slowly. Everyone just threw paper-airplanes and started chatting to other people. Where as I, on the other hand, just started reading out of a textbook and answering the questions on the opposite side.

"Everyone! Look at the geek at the back of the class!" Someone began to shout as everyone turned their heads to face me. "How pathetic is she!" People started laughing at this extremely cruel "joke". I could feel my eyes watering as I looked up at Mr Chalk, in the hope that he would step in and do something. He just gave me a sympathetic look. 

"Aw! She's gonna cry!?" The girl with black hair and freckles remarked in a spiteful way.

I couldn't take it anymore. I jumped up from my chair and ran outside, tears streaming down my face. I kept on running until I was outside the main school building. I leant my back against the wall me, Scout and Kyle had been on earlier, before lowering myself down and slumping on the ground, holding my knees up against my chest. I still had tears streaming down my face, when I was joined by a familiar male face. No, not Kyle, although I rather wish it were. It was the boy from the office earlier. What was his name again... Finn?

"You alright?" He asked, taking a seat next to me.

"No." I replied, accidentally saying something I shouldn't have, "I've been here three hours and already people hate me. Even my dad didn't hate me this quickly." 

"Come on, I'm sure that's not true." He assured me, smiling.

"Yeah it is." I sniffled. "The only people I've met who actually like me are you, Scout and Kyle."

Finn gave a disgusted look as soon as I mentioned Kyle's name. Clearly them two have some sort of rivalry.

"Why do you two hate each other so much?" I asked him, he raised his eye-brows at me.

"He's a twat." He replied in disgust and anger.

"That's exactly what he said about you." I stated as he let out a small scoff. I probably shouldn't have said that as it would only make the tension between them two worse.

'I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world.  Life in plastic, it's fantastic. You can brush my hair and dress me everywhere.’

I burst out laughing as I heard this familiar tune from the inside of Finn's pocket. He went bright pink before rushing to get his phone out of his pocket and answering a call.

"Hello?" He greeted the person at the other end of the phone, before getting up and walking away. 

I was now alone, I sat on the steps for about ten minutes thinking. Then, I got up and decided to re-enter the school. I couldn't return to class after what had happened so I decided to hide in the girls toilets until the bell went for lunch. I sat down the cubicle, on the toilet and started thinking about today's events. Starting with my dad and ending with the classroom epidemic.