apology denied

It was a natural instinct to get up and run when i heard Kate scream. It didnt continue, it was one long screech. It echoed throughout my head as i bolted down the stairs, and Blake ran behind me.

"The ambulance are on the way!" someone yelled.

Kate was laid out on the floor, it looked like she was barely breathing.

"What happened!" i yelled loud enough for everyone to stop in their tracks "Who in the fuck did this!"

"Ron" Michael spoke "Got her to take a few things of coke, guess it was to damn much for her to handle"

"you guess" I kneeled down beside Kate, even though the site of her disgusted me. I couldnt help but breakdown. "you really guess? she's lying on the floor basically dead and your dumb ass GUESS it was too much for her to handle!"

The paramedics busted through the door and immediately came in and picked Kate up onto the stretcher.

"Is she going to be okay?" i cried walking out behind them "she"s not going to die right?"

"Who are you?" the paramedic asked ignoring my questions.

"Her cousin" I lied

They lifted her up in to the ambulance "then you can join her, climb inside" he held out his hand to help me inside.

"do you want me to come?" Blake yelled as he made his way outside

"No, its fine" they quickly closed the door when i said that.

They began injecting needles into her veins.

"Her heart beat is stabilized"

"does that mean she's going to be okay-" i looked at the card hanging around his neck "Mr.Jones?"

"she will be fine actually" he smiled warmingly at me "just call me Shawn"

"well shawn... do our parents have to find out?" my mom wouldn't really beat me for much, but this would get my ass peeled.

"Yes" Shawn smirks.

"god im going to get my ass handed to me" tears threatened my eyes and i tried my hardest to keep them down.

"Look, she'll be fine an a few so i'll make a deal with you, if you let me drive you and your cousin home to make sure you get there safely. I wont call" He looked at me questioningly "deal?"

"fine.... just please make sure she's okay" i turned away from Shawn's gaze. His beautiful hazel eyes staring into my dull brown ones.

It only took them another hour to get Kate back to normal, she was able to stand and keep consciousness.

"My car is the blue truck by the stop sign" Shawn pointed us to it as he parked the ambulance in the drive way.

Kate wasn't talking, she hasn't talked since they finally fixed her up. It was awkward walking beside her i felt so uncomfortable.

"Get in" Shawn called as he unlocked the doors from his car.

I know its never a good idea to  get in a strangers car, but i couldn't have my mom find out about this and this is my only other option.

We got into the car and kate laid out on the back seat.

"is there going to be any other symptoms i need to know about?" i asked shawn as i climbed in the front seat.

"she should be absolutely fine actually" Shawn started the car and pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

He turned the radio on and flipped through the stations until he got to Chief Keef and began singing along with the music.

"how old are you?" I ask confused by his childish behavior.

"im 19" he sang in the middle of a verse.

"are you trying to become a doctor or a paramedic?"

"No, its just money for school" he smiled "this turn right?"

I nodded noticing my house up the street, all the light were off still.

"Why do i look like a grown ass man?" shawn laughs

"No, just i never seen a grown ass man dance and sing to chief keef like that considering chief keef isnt that good in the first place"

"You dont like chief keef" he said shocked.

"No, not at all, i rather listen to soulja boy" i laughed and pointed him to my house "and trust me soulja boy is an all time low"

"Oh haha" Shawn laughed "have a goodnight girls"

Kate ignored him and rushed out the car.

"night shawn" i closed the door behind me and walked up the steps behind Kate.

"doors locked" kate whispered as she leaned against the door.

"mom doesnt get off until 8 its only 7:30 we'll just have to wait a few" i sat on the steps and looked up at the sky.

Kate began crying.

"whats wrong?" i turned to her quickly "is it because of the blackout? shawn said you'll be fine"

"No" she sat beside me "I was such a bitch to you" she wrapped her arms around me.

"im so sorry, please forgive me" her tears made a big wet mark on my shirt.

"Kate look" i pushed her off "i except the apology but dont except things to go back to normal, i thought you were actually my friend, but you showed me your true colors and your nothing but two faced and yeah i deserved the shit you said because i did complain alot about my weight but you didnt have to freak out like that"

She began crying harder and i felt bad, but why should I.

Forgive and forget?

"Come here" i hugged her.

I wasn't going to forget the shit she said, i never will and i was keeping my word.