Hospital

When I came too my parents were sitting around me.

"hey your awake" my mom smiled at me as she rushed to my side.

"Yeah..." I looked around a little dazed out.

"don't move to much... you lost a lot of blood" she held me down to the bed kissing my forehead "just relax honey, please"

I nodded and laid back closing my eyes, she must of been right, I was so dizzy and my stomach was in a lot of pain.

"Jae" Blake ran to the side of my bed once he walked inside the room "I'm so sorry I wasn't here once you woke up.."

"its okay... " I smiled at him taking his hand in mine.

"it is okay... because after this, you will not be seeing my daughter anymore" dad pushed him back away from the bed.

"this whole thing isn't my fucking fault" Blake shouted "if you haven't don't that stupid stunt the bullet would of hit me instead of her!" he was loud and his voice was shaking

'if you wouldn't of been selling shit for that dude neither of you would of been shot you ass" my dad yelled back. "she wouldn't be sitting in this hospital bed"

"your right...." he said lowly biting his lip "I should go"

"Blake wait no!"

he was already out the door before I knew it

"what is he talking about?' I asked looking at my mom and dad. "how is it his fault, are you really that much of an asshole? you cant just kick him out of my life you fuck" I spat at my dad.

"I...I uh.." he startled alittle bit

Silence spread over the room and I sat there impatiently.

"Jae.." my mom finally spoke, "your dad tackled down the gun men while he was shooting, instead of hitting Blake, it hit you" she took my head and squeezed it. There was a soft look I her eyes and I knew exactly what she was trying to tell me.

"thank you.... father" the word tasted sour coming out of my mouth, but there was some warmth to it. "even thought I still got shot.... I guess the effort was kind"

he nodded and reached for my hand but I moved it quickly pretending I had to scratch my nose.

"what did the doctor say?" I asked examining my wound as I laid there

"nothing serious, just might have a lot of stomach pains" my mom rubbed my stomach lightly

I turned over on my side.

"that doesn't hurt?' my mom asked as she sat closely by my side "are you okay?'

"are you okay?" I asked the pictures of my dad and blakes mom flashing through my head as I looked over at my moms kind eyes.

"what do you mean?" she looked at me concerned

"Jae.... this isn't the place for that, not now....your hurt and you need to rest" dad pushed his way in between us, staring down at angrily.

I laughed hard and a stinging pain was sent down my body "that's how you use to look at me when you would beat me when I was younger" I shook my head "im not scared of you anymore.... I wont say anything now. you should say something.. man up for once you coward, you terrible excuse for a man... at least and try to be a decent one for my mother, cause if you hurt her again I wont be the one laying in this hospital bed next time"

I was scared, I was terrified, I just didn't want to show it, I didn't want him to think he had any control over me anymore.

Now i know he risked his life to try to save me, but it takes a long time to fix an open wound, and I don't see this one closing anytime soon.