Volunteering

The next few hours Kate and I got along great, we sat in the living room watching movies until we fell asleep.

"Honey" my mom shook me.

"hmm?" I sat up quickly "whats wrong?"

"you have to go to school honey" she laughed "i let you off yesterday but im sure kate is capable of staying home alone"

"I think i can" Kate laughed as she walked into the bathroom.

I wasn't in the mood to go, but my education is more important then my social problems at least thats what my mom says.

I felt uneasy while i got ready to leave, a feeling of uncertainty, like something was about to happen but i shook it off.

"Kate?" I said as i sat at the kitchen table waiting for my taxi

"Yess ?" She struggled to say with a mouth full of cereal.

"We cool" i said trying to find the words "everyone deserves a second chance... i mean nothing should get in the way of our friendship" i smirked down at the floor waiting for her response.

"bitch you always know we was cool" she laughed and turned.

*Beep, beep*

"Love you, have a good day" kate yelled as i walked out.

The taxi beeped until i got in.

"Really?" i whispered to myself as i snapped on my seat belt, there was another person in the taxi and he looked to me.

This boy wasnt exactly picture perfect. "did the same damn thing once he got to my house" he grunted, his voice was very high for a male.

I smiled kindly at him, not wanting to spark a conversation.

"Im Sebastian" he held out his hand to me.

"Im Jae" I shook his hand "something's off about you"

i said questioningly.

"Oh, something off about the gay guy really?" he clapped his hands in frustration.

"No, how polite you were, most guys dont act that way"

"Honey, my mama raised me right i aint no fool to be out here disrespecting my equals" he laughed at me seeing how uncomfortable i felt.

"Yeah of course" i looked down to the floor, he had on ugg slippers "i like your uggs"

"Do you really?" he posed "i got them yesterday."

Sebastian and I talked all the way to the high school which was my stop. he didnt go here he went too an all boys schol down the road, a dream come true for him.

"Bye sebastian" i waved as i closed the taxi and made my way up the pathway.

"Jae" Anthony called waving me over to his group of friends.

"yeah?" i walked over slowly now growing nervous.

"sorry i aint come over the other day, i was busy" he leaned against the way his arms crossed

"that's fine" i said quickly

"maybe i can come over later" he smiled devilishly.

"to tap that ASS!" one of his friends yelled loudly

"Anthony.." i dont know why i looked to him for help, but i knew if i said anything it would come in one ear and right out the other.

he looked back at his friends and at me "you already know whats going to go down ma, imma spread those legs and bam bam bam!" he laughed dapping up his friends.

"Y-Your an ass!" i stammered as i walked away quickly "stupid ass"

I stomped my way through the halls, i cant believe he just said that. Why do guys act so different around there friends? what are they going to gain because he's definitely not gaining no pussy.

~After School~

All my classes dragged by, Anthony kept texting me. I deleted them all. i've decided that i wasn't going to take anyones bullshit or at least i would try not to my emotions usually take over and im not able to control my tears.

I texted my mom as i walked down the street towards the hospital.

Me: I'm volunteering today at the hospital, be home by 6.

I could of told kate and she wouldn't be stuck in the house, but i need alone time, away from blake, Trisha and im surprised to say Kate.

I was tired once i reached the hospital's front desk, but at least all i had to do was bring the food from the cafeteria to the patients who cant get them themselves.

"Hey, im volunteering for th-"

The man rudely cut me off "Here are the orders and rooms go from first to last."

The first person in room 148 wanted a bottle of water and a snickers bar. Seems strange for someone probably under medical care but i got it anyway.

spread those legs and bam bam bam!

Anthony's voice echoed throughout my head as i walked to the room 148.

I really started to like him, i was finally ready to have my first relationship.... so i thought.

"Mrs. Jones?" I questioned as i walked in to the empty room.

The bathroom door slowly opened.

"Shawn?" I looked at him awkwardly "shouldnt you be driving a truck?"

he chuckled lightly, his hair was a mess but he still looked incredible. "im visiting, its my day off"

"im just volunteering, you know looks good on my college applications" i smiled awkwardly at him, he laughed harder. "did you want th-"

"my snickers" alittle girl came out if the bathroom, her hair was falling out you could tell by the small patches missing.

"here you go, snickers and your water" i handed them to her and she bounced up joyfully.

"calm down" Shawn said picking her up and placing her in bed. She must of been his daughter.

"im sorry" she smiled up at him and put in headphones, she laid back and listened and sang along to justin bieber.

"Your daughter?" i asked him.

"my sister, annie"

"i'm sorry" i said not knowing what else to do, i should of left and finished the orders but i couldnt find myself to.

"Its fine, she'll beat this cancer... i know it" he smiled as he held his sisters hand.

"Of course she will, no doubts" tears started to invade my eyes, i wanted to cry but i didnt want to turn this into something about me.

"hey" Annie said smiling "i really like your bracelet...can i see it?"

"Better yet" i smiled trying to keep myself from crying "keep it, its a bracelet from dominican republic" i adjusted the bracelet to fit her small wrist, it made me feel worse.

"thank you so much! i promise not to lose it!" she yelped excitedly again.

"no problem" i smiled at her and headed for the door.

"wait" Shawn walked up behind me "do you need a ride home? im leaving at 7 when my parents get here"

"s-sure" i looked down to the ground, trying to hide my tears.

"dont cry, she's alittle sick...but she'll be perfectly fine" he smiled."i'll see you after"

I felt like an ass, there's people dying and they dont complain, and here i am alittle overweight and all i do is complain.

I went back down trying to keep my thoughrs under control and continued bringing the food to the patients.