Date Night

It's been a week since that melt down Trisha had and the whole thing at the crack house, I didn't hear from her and I got the occasionally text from Blake telling me how she was but that was it. I finally made it back to school after weeks of being out and I had a terrible amount of work to make up.

"Honey" my mom walked in fixing her dress "can you zip me up?"

"a big date?" I asked jokingly as I zipped up her dress.

"No... I have a big date" she turned and smiled at me "his name is John and he is an amazing guy"

"how come this is my first time hearing about this?" I sat back on my bed, writing the last bit I had to for my homework. "how do you even know John?"

"he's a good friend of Blake's mom" she looked herself over in my mirror.

"wait... you and Kathy? Blake's mom? Kathy? are friends?" I looked up at her confused.

"Yeah, were going on a double date"

"A double date.... with the women who dad was cheating on you with? how does that even happen..."

"we weren't actually together, your dad and I, plus we have alot in common, single mother with stubborn kids" she laughs.

I was going to say something until their was a loud knock at the door.

"come on" she waved for me to follow her down the stairs and I did.

I sat at the bottom of the steps, as my mom went to open the door.

"how do I look?"

"like a million bucks mom..." I rolled my eyes.

she nodded and swung the door open, to my surprise it wasn't her date, it was Blake and Trisha, they walked in and their mom and two beautiful men followed in.

"You don't mind if they stay here?" Kathy spoke "I can't really... leave Trisha at home with this one here"

Blake grunted, rolling his eyes.

"Sure, their always welcome here" my mom smiled

I haven't seen Blake in maybe two weeks but he looked different, he bulked up, his hair was a little grown out and a little bit of a beard, it made him look older.

"you look beautiful" one man spoke, taking my mom in a tight embrace.

"thank you John" she smiled "this is my daughter, Jae"

I stood up to shake his hand, this man was beautiful, over the top and I couldn't seem to look away.

"alright..." Blake spoke clearing his throat. "guys should get going now"

I see even though we weren't together, blake was still the overprotective jealous type.

"have a good evening mom" I closed the door behind them as they walked out, leaving Blake, Trisha and I in this awkward situation, just sitting around the door.

"sooo...." I rocked on my heels looking at Trisha, she looked better, she was gaining weight, she didn't look so dead anymore.

Trisha just ran into my arms, taking me into a tight hug, she didn't say anything, she just squeezed me tight. I knew she wasn't good at this saying sorry, but I knew she was saying sorry somehow.

"I missed you" I smiled and hugged her tight. "I have to do something but I'll be down in awhile"

she nodded and went into the living room.

I didn't turn to Blake, I just turned and I could feel his stares on the back of my neck.

My room