Chapter 14: His Love

Clary

I opened my eyes slowly, trying to focused my own eyes.

What is happening, what is happening what is happening. The question kept spinning.

My eyes caught the sight of something far, a roof. Just then I realized that I was lying on a cold ground. I tried to sat upwards and looked around as I did so.

A room.

I was at a room but where am I? Everything just felt so unfamiliar here.

Alec.

Am I here because he's here? Did the rune take me here because Alec is here?

Getting up, I forced my feet to walk down the strange corridor. Everything was dark and hollow. This building felt cold and hollow. It was so silent.

But suddenly, I heard a sound.

I walked silently towards the sound source. And as I walked deeper, the sound got louder. It sounded like a thump. A few times.

But then it stopped.

However, I knew I was close.

Then the sound came again. This time, it was like someone talking.

I stopped in front of one huge door. Slowly, I opened it a little, just enough for a crack.

"..the greatest, Alexander Lightwood." I heard a female voice. I could tell it was somewhere across the room, but her voice boomed through out the whole room.

"You cheated on your parabatai! Can you imagine that?" I felt like my heart stop beating for a split second, but it came out beating harder and faster the next seconds. "Clarissa Morgenstern. I don't know if she's lucky, stupid, or damned. Oh, she was so amazing, isn't she? So very lovely? So very amazing, isn't she?"

"And you love her," she continued. My heart felt like it dropped to me stomach, I felt like I couldn't breathe. "Oh, you love her so much, don't you? You betrayed your parabatai for god sake's! You destroyed your own self, the loyal Alec Lightwood that vowed to never hurt his parabatai. You must've loved her with everything you got."

Then there was a silence. Hollow and terrifying. What was she doing inside that room?

Suddenly, I heard a sound of whimpers. It was low but ripping through the air. It sounded so painful. The worse part was it sounded like a male voice.. Alec'c voice.

"Tell me, Alexander, does this hurt?" Another whimper, even harder than the last one. "Imagine if I do this to your girl. To that Clary you cared so much. Would it hurt you as much? Or would it hurt you even worse. Both ways, I think it would be a great show for me to watch-"

"Shut up, Louisa. Close your damn mouth and stop talking about her. Don't you dare to touch her. This is between you and me." Oh god. That was Alec voice. Sounded low and dangerous, but something about it sounded almost like it took him a hard time to let the words out.. As if he was hurting and could hardly speak. What happen to him?

"Oh, of course it is about you and me." I heard the female voice, Louisa, chuckled darkly. She sounded so delight. "But isn't it fun when I get on your nerves?"

"What do you want?" Alec's voice again. Sounded so cold.

"I want you to pay." She told him. "For all the suffer, for all the pain. For all the sin your family has caused me." Another punching sound. God.. Did she just hit him?