Chapter Eight: Letter

Clary

It's been eight days since things between me and Alec ended. Everyone's already come back from London. Everything seems to go back to normal. But no, it's actually not.

I zoned out a lot. I could barely eat, could barely sleep. I feel tired, so tired that I can't sleep. Breaking whatever I had with Alec is supposed to make me feel free, isn't it? Everything is supposed to feel better, isn't it?

Then why is it not?

I see his face everywhere -but only in my mind, probably.
We never talked anymore, we couldn't even stand having an eye contact for more than 2 minutes.

Why? Why is it so hard for us now?

I do missed him a lot -even that I won't admit it, hell, I will never admit it. But Alec, does he missed me as well? Does he feel the pain spreading all over his chest, making it hard to breath -like exactly how I feel right now?

"Clary, what's wrong?" Jace's voice brought me back from my thoughts. I looked at him and forced out a smile. "I can't even count how many times you had zoned out like that, what's wrong?"

Jace and I were sitting on the library. Nothing special, just trying to get comfy on the old institute's couch. "I'm alright,"

Jace furrowed his eyebrows, "Come on, now, stop lying to me. I know you're not alright."

I sighed. Forcing my mouth to speak, forcing it to lie again. "Guess that I just can't get my mom and Simon out of my mind."

"Clary," Jace pressed his lips together into a thin line, "how many times do I have to assure you that they're alright in Alicante? You need to lose it a bit. But if you really want to meet them, then fine, I'll find a way for us to go there."

That actually sounds nice..

"No, Jace, there's just too much stuff you need to handle here," I told him. Even if I wanted to go, this isn't seems to be the right moment at all. "And maybe I'm just being paranoid. Also, you're right, I bet they're alright."

Jace nodded slowly. Bet you a penny that he sensed something fishy but managed to forget it anyway.

When I got back to my room, I found the window was opened. Weird. The last time I remember, the window was closed.

Shrugging, I went to close it anyway. But as I was done, something caught my eyes. A folded paper was laid flat on the table near the window. I don't remember ever placing any paper there.

I quickly took it and opened it. What written on it made me furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and cringed as shivers crept its way up my spine.
______________________
Dear Clarissa Morgenstern,

Been a good day lately, now, isn't it?
Ever wonder about what would happen if our dear Mr. Herondale found out what had happened when he's away at London?
All hell would broke loose for sure, but what would happen next?

You surely doesn't want that to happen too soon, am I right?

So let's make some deals.

Church of Talto. 8 p.m. sharp.

P.s.  you really don't want to know what would happen if you don't show up.

X.
______________________

Church of Alto.
I know that place.
And, god, do I really have to go?

Who could this person be? How could he or she found out about me and Alec? I mean, this couldn't possibly be Alec throwing some pranks on me, right?
Yeah, Alec would definitely not send this -especially not when he looked like he wanted to kicked me out of the room every time he saw me.

Crossing my finger. I prayed that whoever it was would make a pretty deal with me.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and think.

This better be worth it.

Time past quickly, and I got myself ready when I saw the clock pointed at the number of 8.

After I got my seraph blade and steele and put in on my weapon belt, I quickly went downstairs.

I saw Isabelle on my way out so I quickly stopped and decided it would be better if I don't just disappear without a word.

"Hey, Izzy, where's Jace?" I asked as I stopped in front of her.

"Don't have a clue. But maybe he's somewhere around the house," she answered. Her eyes suddenly narrowed at me -my outfit to be specific. "You're dressed up, where are you going?"

"I'm going somewhere to meet a friend," I lied.

Isabelle raised an eyebrow at me, "you're meeting your friend yet you bring your seraph blade along."

"Who knows I'll need them? Better be prepared in case things happened, right?" I shrugged. Isabelle shook her head as she chuckled. "Anyway, tell everyone I'll be back before midnight, and you guys don't have to worry about me, okay?"

"Sure thing, big girl,"

_______________________
Hello shadowhunters!

Oooh, Clary found a letter.
Who could that be? An insider perhaps?

And Oooh, I give title for each chapters now. See what I just did there? *wink and brushed my hair with sparks effect*

Anyway, sorry the 'new character' hasn't show up yet.
But don't worry!  That character will be here in the next chapter (or so) !!

Anyway,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for still reading this book, I honestly feels so happy to know that you guys are somewhere out there, reading my story (or even enjoy it? It would be amazing if you do)

Please,
Vote
And comment down bellow !!
I would be really happy if you do !!

I hope you enjoy!

And I will see you guys later!

-fabxshades