Chapter 7

The gentle sound of birds chirping awoke me from the land of dreams, I stretched my arms above my head before moving my head side to side, and sleeping on the ground really doesn't do good things for your neck. I hear movement from next to me and turn to see Yona waking up as well. She looks around slowly before glancing at me and smiling softly at me, to which I returned. She then looked over at Hak, or to be more precise, is injured leg, and went to touch it. "It's fine." Hak's voice shocked the both of us, he opened his eyes to glance over at Yona. "A little snake bite isn't going to stop General Hak." he said before standing up.

Yona quickly followed him while I kept to my own pace. "Um, Hak?" Yona asks hesitantly. "Yes?" "Couldn't we head down into some village for some food and medicine?" I raise my hand slightly "I was actually wondering that as well." Hak glanced between the two of us before replying "Villages are dangerous. Even if the villagers don't recognize us, castle soldiers could be anywhere." I scratch my head slightly as I realize just how stupid that question really was. "Then, where are we heading now?" I ask confusingly. Hak looks down towards the ground "Probably the only place we can count on now. Capital Fuuga, my hometown." Oh my, this is going to be quite interesting.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As we walk up to the entrance of the village, we notice two men sleeping on the ground whilst leaning on one another. Hak being the guy he is walked up to them and kicked them to wake them up. Quite rough if I do say so myself. "Does guard duty mean nap time in this clan?" Hak asks curiously yet also in a slight teasing tone. The two guys turn around after hearing Hak's voice "Lord Hak?!" "Hey." Hak says casually. The men stand up and make their way towards Hak whilst yawning "It's been a while... Ten years?" "It's been three." I giggle silently into my hand before going back to the conversation.

"What are you doing here?" The haired one asked curiously, "Did the great general get fired?" The one teased. "You guys are as laid-back as ever." Hak says in an annoyed tone. The two guys then start flailing their arms around in the air as if there was some wind "We are the Wind clan. We live only as the wind blows." They then changed their hand motions to something else that I can't quite explain "When we're sleepy, we sleep." Hak brought his hand up to his forehead in irritation "Who put these guys on guard duty?" he asked quietly to himself.

"Hey, that's Lord Hak!" "The young lord!" "Lord Hak!" "When did you come back?" A whole bunch of people started running over to us and I started to feel a little uncomfortable. I brought my hood over my head just in case. "Please, one at a time." Hak says calmly. "Who are these girls?" Yona and I flinch at the lady who had suddenly appeared beside us. "Is one of them your woman?" "What?" A few of the girls begin crowding around us. "No, they're court ladies in training." Oh, nice one Hak. Quick thinking! "No way! So what are your names?" One of the men asks curiously. "Huh?" Yona and I speak simultaneously.

"Where are you from? Are you from the sky capital?" "Hey, what's Castle Hiryuu like?" "How old are you two?" The questions were being fired at a rapid pace and I didn't know how to handle all of this attention. "Um..." I feel Yona slowly start to lose her grip on my hand so I quickly glance over at her to see her about to collapse. I briskly reach my arms out to catch her before she hit the ground. "She collapsed!" "Oh, my... what a weak girl." Suddenly Hak came over to us and wrapped his own arms around Yona securely before picking her up. "Prepare a bed and food immediately." The blonde guard was dumbfounded "The young lord's being kind to a woman." I lean over towards him with my hand covering my mouth "That's because he loooooves her~" We both giggle quietly to each other. "Did you not hear me?" "Y-Yes, sir." The guy then quickly runs after Hak.