06

To say they were all frightened was an understatement; but as they were flailing around, they realised that it was only one of their friends, sauntering into the room, grace and power at the palm of her hands

"Why is he unconscious? Shit, is he dead?"

"Forget him. Do you have what we need, ginger?"

"I'm certainly not a ginger and I can't believe this is happening right now." She grumbled.

"This isn't your fault." He consoled her.

"I don't care who's fault this is, we have to go. He's got the hard-drives now."

"I'm all for leaving ginger, but we can't leave just leave him like this."

"Yes, yes we can. He's one of the reasons why her father is dead."

"Right?"

He kept a steady gaze with Evalyn, a casual tug of his lips as he attempted that smile he had programmed himself to create at such conveniences.

Sporting a counterfeit look of bashful defeat, she desperately hoped that the awkwardness that bathed the moment would be transient. After all, E.Blue was still staring at her with an expression of utter bewilderment, because only just a moment ago she'd asked the bartender, Antonio, not to disclose the previous mishap to the owner.

The owner of Santano's himself, Elijah Blue, had been standing there among them all, cordial and amiable —now offering his help after Bella had gotten drunk and passed out.

But for some reason, as judgemental as it seemed, Evalyn would have never imagined a man like him to have been the owner. His image didn't do justice to that title at all, he wasn't dressed for it or anything. He looked like he was in his chill zone instead.

"Let's hope she's okay, alright?" Elijah calmly said, eliciting a nod from Evalyn finally, who'd apparently decided now would be the perfect time to become mute.

He couldn't help but wonder how she didn't acknowledge his presence like others did, it was almost as if she'd never heard of who he was. And it was clear to him she certainly didn't know, as she was clothed in graceful material and had this look in her eye that segregated herself from people like him. It was obvious that she was new here and this certainly wasn't her scene.

She didn't flinch, but she didn't look away either. Her eyes rather roamed his faintly bruised knuckles and the taut, intensified jaw, which seemed to tick impatiently when something was nibbling up the insides of his mind.

Moving in closer —his broad shoulders brushing past Evalyn, he made way towards Bella.

He moved the hair strewn over Bella's face, and dipped his head close to where her heart was, making sure her constrictive shirt wasn't strangling her, in her inhabited state.