24

He crouched around his Godson, desperate to seek any signs of movement from him, he wasn't responsive to his touch, he was in pain that much he could imagine

He crouched around his Godson, desperate to seek any signs of movement from him, he wasn't responsive to his touch, he was in pain that much he could imagine. But what hurt more was that despite everything, his own flesh and blood had come to side against him, all while not knowing the whole story. She had galloped away, without looking back.

He shed a tear, in hopes of redemption, for all his mistakes.

"So we don't bring up the Williamsburg situation when we see Daniel or Natalie at the Carnival?"

Bella unplugged the flat iron and took a seat on the chair before her vanity dresser. She had just finished styling her hair, and doing her makeup. There was a neon stroke of yellow across her eyes, which complemented her white romper and chunky, yellow platform heels.

"Not tonight," Evalyn replied, leaning against the door frame, having already dressed herself. "Our focus is to speak to Daniel's father, and find out as much as possible, he's got to know something about the society."

In agreement, Bella nodded, and wiped the surface of her vanity with a wet wipe, so as to keep it clean of makeup residue. She popped a piece of peppermint gum into her mouth and grabbed her purse, while Evalyn headed towards the staircase.

"How do I look, Henrí?" Evalyn beamed, twirling on the landing, once descending the staircase.

"Exquisite, miss." Henrí complimented, admirably and matter of factly.

"He brought me this dress," Evalyn stated proudly, fidgeting with the soft, fabric, "The style is a little conservative, but we both know papa wasn't a big fan of my mini-skirts."

"He would have been very proud of you, your mama too." Henrí voiced out, confidently.

"You look good in green." Bella said, swinging an arm around Evalyn's shoulder, as they followed Henrí out onto the porch, "It is conservative, but that hot-pink lipstick and fat ass of yours makes up for it."

"Shut up," Evalyn joked, "Or you can walk to the carnival and miss out on the limo ride."

Bella feigned zipping her mouth and mock threw a set of keys over her shoulders, while the Chauffeur proceeded to open the doors to the plush interior of the limousine. She was ecstatic that the journey to the town event would be the ten best minutes of her life.

"There's champagne too?" Bella whispered excitedly, taking in the amount of space around her, completed with a cooler fridge and various champagne bottles, despite it being a mere, stretched out vehicle.

"Just one glass for you," Evalyn smirked, filling a wine flute to the brim, "I want you stay by my side tonight."

"I'm okay," Bella insisted, knowing her friend wouldn't stop fretting over the incident, which resulted in Bella's sleepless nights and need to take painkillers, "Don't worry."