16

Antonio hid his fear with loud, crackling laughter as he ran away alongside Spider, Daniel, Natalie

Antonio hid his fear with loud, crackling laughter as he ran away alongside Spider, Daniel, Natalie. Bella wasn't too far off, though she felt nauseous and was weak all over from the events that had unravelled.

"They're going to die if we leave them there." She anxiously said.

"They won't." He assured her, he even managed a comforting glance.

"But there's a bomb and he's fucking shot!" She yelled.

"No, Spider lied, that's not a bomb, the only thing that's going to happen when it sets off is a loud high pitched noise which sure, can kill you if you've already got hearing issues." He smirked.

She slowed down, annoyed, "But he's still shot."

"Will you stop worrying? He's going to live." He countered, caressing her face.

Though she didn't quite believe him she couldn't deny the burning feeling in the pit of her stomach, maybe he deserved to die. After all, he was the one who had delivered her father on a silver platter, to his death.

Hewett's autopsy report revealed he had indeed died due to an unfortunate gas leak, and not only that; the man had apparently been taking far too much of Valium and had an ongoing case of alcoholism, which his daughter didn't even have a clue about.

Julie was absolutely inconsolable on the day of his funeral, to which Evalyn and her friends had turned up to, out of respect and sorrow for the poor girl. Her cheeks were marred with running mascara and her lips trembled uncontrollably as she greeted them at the church, hugging Evalyn and Bella also.

Regardless of the millions of distraught thoughts cascading her mind, Julie was grateful that Evalyn had come to attend the ceremony; she was a friendly face she'd only become acquainted with after her father's death and she couldn't deny she was strikingly beautiful in an unconventional way, even with her simple black dress and wide-brimmed hat on.

Her skin was bare today, except for the liquid illuminator which dotted the apex of her cheekbones, creating a glowing illusion in the warm, evening sun and she had left her lips bare, with the exception of an oil-based product.

The church itself was full of life as the wake Evalyn had taken the responsibility of planning for Julie's sake was taking place shortly; which was ironic considering death wasn't something to be celebrated. What Evalyn and Julie thought would be a small social gathering, had turned into a bunch of suits, and unfamiliar faces walking in, through the tall doors and taking up rows of the church booths.