22

What made her mind run wild, was knowing there was a huge possibility she had been wrong all along, that the whole equation was calculated incorrectly from the get go, as a result of being so blind-sided all the time

Natalie and Daniel bickered a lot. Bella couldn't help but smirk at their interactions, it was interesting to say the least, to see two hot-headed elitists go at each other's throats. Especially when it was all about her.

She wouldn't admit it out aloud, but contrary to what other people may have thought about causing drama, she entirely loved being the centre of attention.

"Why did we have to bring her here with us? We could have left her in the club? We shouldn't have been there in the first place, Daniel." Natalie said, chilling voice rising higher each time she grew more irritated.

"Look, you wouldn't understand. Bella isn't okay, and I couldn't have just left her there. Not when she could be in further danger." Daniel exasperatedly sighed, as he unscrewed a bottle of wine. "It was just one damn minute, and something worse could have happened."

"Danger?" Natalie guffawed, "She was mugged once, okay? What did she expect to happen to her in the dark corners of the city? Do you really think that girl is in severe danger, while looking like that? She was perfectly fine at the club, you overreacted."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Bella piped up, all humour dissipating.

"Sorry honey, but you look like a wet dog. Evalyn Gonzalez may be rich, but you don't fit the best friend position well, not against someone of her status." Natalie admitted, bitterly.

"If I look like such a dog, lady, why send over flowers and a damn get well soon card?" Bella snapped, getting up from the plush couch she had been seated on.

"What flowers?" Natalie responded, rolling her eyes, a little anxious due to the scary look in Bella's eyes and change in demeanour. "I didn't send any flowers."

"Oh sis, you're about to catch these hands!" Bella yelled.

Suddenly Daniel found himself wedged between the two women, acting as a barrier, as soon as Bella quite literally started to throw her hands in front of Natalie.

He held the unscrewed bottle of wine in his hands firmly, careful not to drop it on the three-thousand-dollar fur rug, that Natalie had imported from an Australian designer.

"Ladies, let's calm down." Daniel said, dangerously. His eyes flickered between his fiancée and his best-friends-friend, who now happened to be his friend also.

"Yes, I agree." Natalie muttered, taking a step back.

"Sure, I wasn't willing to get my hands filthy for Posh Spice, anyways." Bella grumbled, turning away to take a seat on the couch, which she wished would just swallow her up.