Proposal

"Dan where are you taking me?" Phil asked giggling as Dan pulled him along the sidewalk. 

"It's a surprise Phil!" Dan tugged him a little harder. Phil rolled his eyes and intertwined their hands. He followed Dan all the way to a lake.

"A lake? Dan are you going to drown me?" Phil joked. Dan chuckled and shook his head. Dan pulled him a little more and onto a bridge. It was the same bridge they first went Pokemon hunting. "What's this Dan?" 

"I don't know, it's just beautiful tonight." Dan said gazing up at the starlit sky. His face was lit up by the stars and moon. He awkwardly fumbled with something in his jacket pocket.

"Yeah it is..." Phil said leaning on the railing. He looked up at the sky too. 

"You know what today is right?" Dan looked over at Phil.

"Yeah, it's out seven year anniversary." Phil smiled happily. "Time goes by fast." 

"It does. That's why, um," Dan pulled out a pokeball out of his pocket. Phil looked at him quizzically. "Phil we've been together for seven years. I love you and it would make me so happy," Dan went down on one knee. "It would make me the happiest man alive if you became Phillip Michael Howell." 

Phil covered his mouth and started crying. He leaned down to him and hugged him. "Yes, Dan. Of course!" He kissed Dan and then hugged him tighter.

"Oh thank god." Dan hugged back. "I love you." He said standing up, still hugging Phil.

"I love you too, Dan."