Love Song

"Tonight's the night..." Phil pushed up his glasses and adjusted his tie. He sighed shakily and glanced out of the curtains and into the crowd. He surveyed the audience and finally found Dan. He was in his football uniform laughing along with his other team mates. Dan and Phil had talked a lot through the school year surprisingly. They even voluntarily teamed up in projects and group assignments. But Phil knew deep down that he would never be somebody important to Dan Howell.

"Now is Phil Lester, with a song for a special someone!" the Principal said enthusiastically. Phil sighed shakily as he held the microphone tight. He walked out onto the stage with a slight smile as the music started up.

"Yeah, you.... yeah, you." He slightly tapped his foot to the music and glanced at Dan. "I used to wanna be.. living like it's only me. But now I spend my time thinking bout a way to get you off my mind." He smiled wider as he saw Dan smile and he looked away. "I used to be so tough. Never really gave enough. But then you caught my eye, giving me the feeling of a lighting strike."

Dan sang along softly and smiled. He waited for phil to look back at him and gave it a little wave.

"Look at me now. I'm falling.. can't even talk, still stuttering. This ground of mine keeps shaking. Oh, oh, oh, now!" Phil started getting more into it and started dancing a little to the music.

"All I wanna be and all I ever wanna be yeah, is somebody to you. All I ever wanna be and all I ever wanna be, yeah yeah is somebody to you!" He pointed to Dan at this part. "Everybody's trying to be a billionaire, but every time I look at you, I just don't care. Cause all I wanna be and all I ever wanna be yeah yeah, is somebody to you."

Dan was surprised. He didn't think the quiet boy in the back of the class would do something like this. His friends laughed and pointed at Phil. "Look at that loser," one of the laughed and slapped Dans chest. Dan pretended to laugh along but really, his heart was racing and so many thoughts were going through his head. Phil looked amazing and he was mesmerized by his voice...

At the end of the song, Dan got up and ran outside. There was a kiosk that was (coincidentally) selling single red roses for a dollar. Dan bought one and ran backstage. He saw Phil who was surrounded by some theatre geeks and other people who sang in the show. He simply waited for them to leave so he could talk to Phil. Once they finally did, Dan smiled wide and walked towards Phil.

"H-hi.." Phil blushed profusely as he saw the rose in Dans hand.

Dan smirked when he noticed and hid the rose behind his back. "Hey. You know where Pj is? I was just gonna give this to him."

Phils heart fell and he looked the other way. "Over there probably." Dan laughed a little and Phil looked at him surprised.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Phil, the flowers for you."

Phil blushed again and took the flower that dan held out to him. "Thank you, Daniel..."

Dan pulled Phil in for a tight hug and whispered something into Phils ear. "You are somebody to me, Phil. You're everything." And with that, Dan strutted off back to the audience, leaving Phil in awe.