Flowers

It was Saturday, so it was that day of the week, again. Dan walked down his usual path, umbrella in hand. The pavement was wet from it sprinkling all day and the sky was dark and cloudy. "I guess it's perfectly cliche for today." Dan mumbled to himself as he kept a steady pace down the sidewalk. He passed that same house with the beautiful garden in front of it. The garden full of roses and tulips and daisies. He looked above the flowers, seeing if anyone was home. No one was, as usual. He started walking up the steps deciding to pick some roses this time. One by one, avoiding the thorns, he started to gather some.

"So that's what's been happening to my plants." A young boy with black hair said.

Dan jumped and turned towards the boy. He was handsome, with black hair and blue eyes. "I- I'm sorry I'll put them back."

The black haired boy scoffed. "Right, putting an already picked plant back. To die?" He shook his head walking down to Dan. "Well, lets see if she has the approval of my plants."

"She? No-" Dan tried to speak, but the other boy cut him off.

"If you want to steal Phils plants, he needs to know the girl they're for." He started to walk down the steps with Dan. They walked in silence for a little while, Dan leading the way. "Where are we even going?" Phil asked looking around.

"Well um, to meet this girl like you said." Dan said shakily.

"Well, duh. But where's that?" Phil asked. "The direction we're going, there's no houses just a..." he trailed off and stopped to look at Dan.

"Graveyard." Dan finished his sentence, looking at Phil, full of sorrow. Phil opened his mouth as of to say something, but didn't get any words out. "My mom died 8 months ago."

Phil didn't know what to do. He just hugged Dan. He hugged him like it was the last time he'll hug anyone. "I'm sorry." was all he could say.

Dan didn't say anything, he just dropped the umbrella and hugged him back. He hasn't had affection since his mom died, he hasn't been hugged since his moms funeral.

"Let's deliver these flowers to your mom then shall we?" Phil let go, picking up the umbrella. Dan smiled faintly and nodded. They walked the rest of the way and when they finally got there, Dan knelt down and put the flowers down. Phil placed a hand on Dans shoulder sympathetically. Dan stood up, he didn't know what came over him. He crashed his lips into Phils. Phil pulled back out of confusion and guilt. Their faces still only millimeters apart. "I can't kiss you, I don't even know your name. I don't really know you."

Dan sighed, looking into his eyes. "I'm Dan... sorry. I don't know what- what got into me."

"It's okay... maybe we should talk more though." Phil chuckled. "I kind of liked that kiss."

Dan smiled. "Me too..." he looked down at his moms grave and smiled. "She would be happy that I'm happy and found a possible someone." He looked back up at Phil, who was smiling.

"Good... feel free to steal flowers from me anytime, Dan."