I Missed You (Anxiety Part 2)

Dan was making his usual weekend rounds, heading to the coffee shop. He walked in and waited in line, glancing around the cafe. He thought he saw someone familiar but shrugged it off.

"Dan?" The barista called. He made his way over and grabbed it, saying a small thanks and walking to a nearby table. He couldn't help but notice the feeling of him being watched, but again he shrugged it off and took a sip of his drink.

Once almost done with his drink, the feeling became almost too much to bare and so he looked around, meeting a familiar pair of eyes. Phil looked away sadly and started playing with his napkin. Dan held his breath and he stood up, walking over to his table. "Is uh... is this seat taken?"

Phils voice shook a little. "No. I was actually about to leave so go ahead." As Phil stood, Dan grabbed his wrist gently.

"Phil can I walk with you? Please.. I haven't seen you in months."

He let out a sigh and looked at Dan. Dan looked like he'd barely slept at all. He honestly felt bad for him. "I guess." Dan smiled gratefully but sadly as he followed Phil out of the coffee shop. They walked in silence for a while until Dan looked over at Phil sadly.

"Can I have a chance to explain?"

"What is there to explain Dan?" Phil stopped walking and looked at him, tears welling up in his eyes.

He breathed out, his breath fogging because of how cold it was outside. "I just... I don't know what I was doing. I know it was wrong and I regret it so much but-" he stopped talking, looking down at his feet. He but his lip, trying to bite back tears. It was silent again for a second. It wasn't a bad silence but it wasn't good either... it was just like white noise. Dan looked back to Phil. "I messed up. I know that. I just want to fix it, okay?"

Phil wrapped his arms around himself looking at Dan with a different look than before. A look of sadness... a look of regret. Dans heart broke even more at this sight. He couldn't handle it anymore.

Neither of them said anything. I guess they didn't have to, because Dan grabbed Phils face gently and kissed him. It was a kiss that said 'I miss you.' Or 'please give me another chance.'

It caught both Phil and Dan off guard. Phil was obviously the first to pull away, not because he didn't want it but because he wanted more.

Phil looked down at his feet awkwardly. "I don't know if I can forgive you yet, Dan."

"Can I please try?"

Phil finally looked up at Dan with a small smile. "Yeah, but I can't promise anything."