Prom?

Dan laughed. "Phil, I hate everyone but you. I don't want to go to prom..." he blushed as he held the phone to his ear.

Dan practically heard his best friends frown over the phone. "There's no one? That you'd go with?"

"Maybe philly. We'll see.. now I have to do homework so talk later?"

"Of course. Have fun with that," Phil giggled.

Dan hung up and sat back in his chair, thinking. "Damn it, why didn't I just tell Phil how I feel?" He frowned and flopped onto his bed. Prom was next week and to be honest, he really did want to go. He wanted to be asked in a cute way like those people on YouTube do. He rolled over and turned off his lamp deciding to get some sleep before Monday.

-Monday-

Dan waited by the front of the school for Phil, but there was absolutely no sign of him. He frowned and walked inside. "Maybe he's sick?" Dan thought. 2 periods passed and now it was lunch time. Dan went to go put stuff in his locker when he noticed a note stuck to his locker. It read: Room 135.

Dan looked down the hall and walked to that room, seeing another note taped to it.
Room 84.

Dan continued to room 84 with another note. Front office.

Dan was getting nervous now... his palms were sweaty. "What if someone has the wrong locker?" He sighed shakily and continued to the front office.

"Oh, Daniel!" Ms. Tisdale smiled.

"Hey Ms. Tisdale... I was expected here?"

She smiled and handed him a note and a single red rose. "Here you go." Dan smiled and read the note, Cafeteria.

Dan walked to the cafeteria nervously with the red rose dangling loosely in his right hand. He neared the cafeteria, he saw a girl smiling with another red rose. "Here you go, Dan." Dan took it and mumbled a small thank you before spotting another girl who was holding another rose. He took it with another quick thank you.

Around him were people smiling, some even recording. He looked around, honestly not knowing who to expect. He turned around to see Phil smiling and walking towards him with a sign.

You hate people... I hate people too... lets hate people together at prom?

Dan smiled and covered his mouth with his free hand and nodded quickly before running to Phil, embracing him in a huge hug. "I'm so glad you asked me, Phil."

Phil smiled right and hugged him back. "I'm glad I asked you, too." Phil pulled away and gave Dan a quick peck on the lips which led Dan to look like a lobster.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Phil jumped with joy.