Confusion, Confusion And Confusion

I woke up from steady movement. Just as my body woke up, I was hit by a huge pain in my head that made a groan escape my lips.

I'm never drinking again.....

I opened my eyes and saw hay. My body froze when I heard somebody talking behind me.

Where am I? Why am I laying on fucking hay?!

Panic seeped through me and I quickly stumbled up on my butt. My eyes landed on a couple that fell silent and stared back at me. The man sat at the front of the cart with reins in his hand while the woman sat behind him on hay just like me. They both wore nothing more than white bed sheets tied around their bodies and sandals on their feet.

My eyes went wide and my head almost did 360° scope around me. We were calmly making our way through plains littered with shrubs, tall grass and few olive trees there and there. Small hills rose from the ground reaching unaturally blue sky. I looked back at the couple and saw woman looking at me with worry written all over her face.

' Είστε εντάξει?' She asked in her weird language and I moved a little bit away from her.

'W-what?' I asked her in English.

'Είστε alright?' She asked and I inhaled deeply. Her word changed mid way into English. Or I think it was English.

'Who are you? Where am I?' I threw questions at her in hopes that she understood me. I was so confused.

'My name is Hagne and this is my husband Akake. We found you laying along the road unconscious. What happened to you? Why are you so far away from town and why are you wearing those weird clothes?' This time it was her who punched my face with questions. I ponded for a bit if I should answer. Maybe if I showed them that I was not bad they will explain what in the world is happening?

'I was at my friends place and...' I stopped. I covered my mouth in shock and just sat there.

'Is something wrong with your mouth?' Hagne asked and I shook my head. I was talking their weird language like I lived in this place my intire time. What is happening?

'I.... I don't know what happened. I fell asleep in her house and..... where are we?' I asked on the brink of tearing up. I saw simpathy in woman's eyes while her husband ignored us.

'You are on the outskirt of Marathon town.' She answered and I just frowned.

'Marathon town? Where is it exactly?'

'In Greece' she said as if that was obvious while my mouth opened.

'WHAT?!' I screamed and dug my hand in my hair making the headache increase. I hissed. How in the world did I travel half the Earth?

'What is the matter?' Hagne asked startled by my sudden outburst. Even her husband glanced my way.

'I live in America! Do you know where that is?!' I asked almost hystericly.

'N-no'

'It's on the other side of the ocean and sea combined!' Hagne's eyes went wide.

'You came from overseas?' Akake asked with his voice raised a little bit too much. This made me settle down a bit.

'Yes. Is there a problem?'

'Did you run away from your master?!' He shouted causing me to flinch.

'M-master? What master?' I asked confused. Why is he on edge?

'The one who bought you!' He shouted with his face full with anger.

'Bought? No one bought me! What are you talking about, sir?' I asked.

'You are not a slave?' Hagne interjected and I looked at her astounded.

'S-slave? Over my dead body!' I said with disgust in my voice. Both of them breathed from relief. Then a bad feeling overcame me. According to my knowledge Greece didn't have slaves. No modern country had them, it was an ancient thing.

'I'm sorry for shouting. Slaves that run away are punished by death most of the time and people who help them are too. I was scared for my family' Akake apologized with calm voice.

'It's no problem, I raised my voice too. Sorry, but I'm on a brink of hysteria' I said and looked at the tree that we were passing.

'Hysteria?' Woman asked curiously.

'Umm... panic' I explained and she nod.

'It must be scary to wake up away from your home and not remembering it' she smiled and I smiled back at her.

'I just don't know what to do.'

'Well, you deffinitely know that it wasn't your friend who moved you since it is imposible to cross the sea in one day. Unless the Poseidon himself helped' he said and the name perked my ears.

'Poseidon? As in the God of the seas?' I asked and the man nod. Did he really believed in such things?

'Well, she could have drugged me and made me sleep for enough days to move me, but she wouldn't do that since we are friends from our chilhood' I joked.

'Are you from noble origin?' Hagne suddenly asked me making me frown.

'Noble? No, I'm from common... origin?' I said unsure of how to answer her question. She hummed.

'You know quite a lot. Do you know any other language?'

'I do...' Hagne hummed again.

'Do you sing, dance or play any musical instrument?' She asked and smiled.

'I do all of them. I studied those things specifically' I answered honesly. I took music and choreographyin collage in hopes of becoming a singer.

Smirk appeared on Hagne's face.

'Your husband must be a lucky man then' she said and earned a strange look from me.

'I don't have a husband' I watched as the woman before me frowned then opened her eyes wide in surprise and frowned again.

'How?' Was all she asked and I just shrugged.

'Not feeling like settling down' I said. Hagne opened her mouth to protest, but she was interupted by Akake.

'We are here' he said and we all looked at the town below us.

And I had to grab cart's woden side to hold myself from falling of what I saw.