Truth Behind The Reality

Hades held my gaze for a moment. It looked like he was trying to find something inside my eyes, maybe an answer to my question.

'I do not like that question' he said and stayed quiet after that. I understood that he was waiting for me to speak. Nerves came back inside me and I began playing with silver key that hung on his torso and opened my mouth.

'Do you remember when we met and you asked where I was from? How I said that even the wind Gods couldn't reach my homeland?' I looked at him for a second and continued whitout giving him a moment to speak, 'That's because I came from the future' I said and felt my throat close on me, not letting me continue my story.

Hades stayed quiet with his hands still by my sides, locking me between him and the railings. My hands released his key and I looked straight into his eyes.

'I should be born after three thousand years' my voice turned into a whisper. I waited for his reaction, to scream at me that I was crazy, that time travel was impossible.

'How did you get here?' He asked, his voice cold and serious, but had a note of softness. I frowned when the images of the party came back, but some already lost to me. I was such an idiot to get drunk that night.

'I went to the party. With who I don't know, it's lost to me, but I do remember getting drunk and passing out in the middle of the forest. When I woke up I was in a cart with the family that took me in' I answered and let out a shaky breath.

'This explains quite a lot' Hades finally spoke and I looked at him, scared and curious about my shift in time and memory drain.

He pulled away from me and the space between us made me shudder. I felt cold whitout his touch. I watched as he sat down on the chair and streched his arm to me. In a second I folded myself on his lap with his strong arms around me, giving me some comfort.

'Let's begin with the easy ones. I found you after you shouted that I didn't exist.' He said a statement, but I hear the question between the lines.

'In my time this society and religion is dead. After wars and conquers of different nations, Ancient Greece fell and in some what peaceful times new religion dominated the new Greece' I explained and let out a small sigh when Hades began absentmindedly trace his fingers up and down my spine.

'What religion?' His voice turned into a harsh one and I couldn't blame him. With no followers Olympus wouldn't exist, or at least that was my theory.

'Christianity. We believe in one God that keeps harmony in the world. Well, I believed'

'Good' I could hear that he was pleased with the latter.

I pushed myself away from his chest and sat straight. My eyes found Hades' and I brushed his long hair from the side of his face.

'Do you have answers for my memories?'

He placed his own hand over mine, making it disappear into his, and kissed my palm.

'Yes, and to how you came here. It will be.... a lot to take in. Are you sure you will be able to digest all the information?' Concern flashed through his eyes and I breathed deep breath.

'I don't know, but I have to know everything' He nod and began speaking.

'The reason you jumped through time is because you passed out in the spot where two timelines touched each other. I'm afraid it is impossible for you to go back to your original timeline since this is a really rare occurrence. Not only that, but there are infinite amout of timelines. Every second creates different timeline and we both know that humans have been living on Gaia insanely long. You would have to find a place where this timeline brushed with yours again and sorry, but I could destroy humanity ten times and let it develope over again and your timeline still wouldn't have touched this one'

I let out a shaky breath with a frown on my forehead.

'I had a feeling that I am to be stuck in here until I die' When I said a word "die" something flashed in Hades' eyes, but it disappeared instantly.

'So, what about my memories?' I asked and this time Hades growled like an animal.

'This is where everything turns confusing. You are not loosing your memories because you simply don't think back to that day. The reason is because you ceased existing in your timeline'

I looked at Hades confused. I don't exist?

'But I was born then. My parents are still there' I frowned.

'Yes, but you aren't there physically. The moment you jumped into this timeline, you became a part of it. Your memories are disappearing because you have no tie with your timeline anymore.'

'This makes no sence. My blood with my parent is the link!' I shouted frustrated. My mind was to stupid to understand Hades' words.

'Era, they do not exist in this timeline. This timeline exist only to this moment and every living thing is creating it. As you said, you would be born three thousand years later, but you are alive right now which will lead to completely different future. Your generation is started at this point instead of thousands years later. Your parents can't even exist in this timeline' Hades explained and I put my head on his shoulder.

'My head will explode' I moaned and felt Hades' chest rumble.

'Told you there was a lot of information. But there is more' I let out a groan and pushed myself back up to see Hades, 'you are not the only one who is loosing memories'

I simply frowned again. He continued,

'Since you ceased existing in your original timeline, everyone who talked or looked at you will loose all their memories about you just like you about them' He explained.

I looked at him for a few minutes in silence and then a question popped in my mind.

'How about me existing in this timeline? I don't have a start, just pooofff and I'm here' I made an explosion motion and saw a ghost smile appear on Hades' face.

'You don't have to have a start. You simply switched teams and joined us a little bit later'

'What about my blood tie with my parents?' I asked. Hades took a strand of my hair and began playing with it.

'You ask difficult questions' he grunted and I chuckled. Never thought I would see the God of the Underworld whine about something. In truth, I never imagined to meet a God or jump through time. Everything with this whole situation was so controversial in my original time.

'You are a God, you know everything' I smiled. He let out a deep chuckle that made me tingly all over the body.

'Not everything, but a lot. Each timeline is not connected with each other so your blood tie does not exist. You will simply start a new bloodline and they will continue their own. Your blood will change over time and become completely different from theirs' he explained and I looked at him confused yet again.

'How will it change?' I asked, but instead of answering me Hades just gave me a myterious smirk.

'I wonder' he simply answered and I frowned, but it soon was replaced with a smile.

'Well, one good thing came out of this confusing situation' I said and pushed myself closer to Hades so that our faces were a mere centimeter away.

'And that would be?' He spoke with his voice rough from the desire that was clear in his black eyes. I felt his arm snake around my torso and oull me closer to him.

'Us meeting' I whispered and kissed him.

My thoughts about my memories and new situation was lost in our deep kiss instantly.

Hope you all had a fun time with all this information. I know I had creating it 😅