The Pet Puppy Of The Underworld

While Persephone showed me around the castle, we had time to get to know each other better. I found out that she is a real drama queen inside while looking cute and innocent on the outside. She really liked to talk about girly stuff like clothes and boys and in general, she didn't feel ancient to me. Of course the clothes and her opinions were appropriate to the time.

The castle itself was a labyrinth. Halls after halls, it didn't seem to end. Some were like bridges with arcs on the sides and you could see the Underworld clearly, some were without any windows and felt like you were walking in underground tunnel. She showed me my room where I will be staying as well as hers and Hade's. The man had the room probably at the furthest point of the castle.

'I really liked your performance at the festival' Persephone said as we walked through yet another corridor. This one had different statues on both sides, pushed in the walls.

'You saw that?' I was surprised and not surprised at the same time.

'As a future queen of the Underworld and wife of Hades, I had to go. I really though you were crazy and killed the woman who assisted you' the goddess giggled and I smiled.

'Well, my life depended on it, so I did my best' I said as we reached metal doors. They looked similar to main ones, but were smaller in size. They opened on their own and I saw the inner grounds of the castle. This made me stop and Persephone looked at me confused.

'Hades told me not to go anywhere whitout him' I said and Persephone rose her eyebrows.

'Nothing will try to attack you as long as you are with me or him.' She assured me and I simply nod.

'Where are we going?' I asked when we left through small woden door in the wall.

'We are going to see Cerberus' she said with a huge smile. 'He is really cute'. I said nothing as we continued onwards.

We walked down the small path that went through a deserted fields made only of dry cracked ground. There were a few hills and dry shrubs, but that was it. I noticed that we were walking towards another mountain. It was smaller than the main volcano, but still looked huge.

Persephone went silent and when we cut the corner, I saw a round field that was pushed into the mountain. At the back I saw double set doors. They stood higher than 12 storey apartment building, maybe even higher than the Eiffel tower, was made out of black shiny metal and had diamond card's carvings. The edges were shining silver and two silver rings hung, waiting to be pulled, but I doubt anyone opened these doors in a very long time.

But it was nothing compare to the beast that laid before them. The beast was covered in dark grey fur and had bright orange eyes looking at us. I noticed a black snake like tail that the beast tapped the ground with as if he was ready for the attack. But my eyes were on two sets of huge fangs. The lower jaw had a smaller ones that barely reached the beast's lower lip, but the upper ones were down to it's lower jaw. The beast had three heads that all had striped long and pointy ears which looked really soft and adorable. Don't ask why.

I stayed back and watched Persephone walk up to the beast. My breath was stuck in my throat as I watched the middle head rise, watching every goddess' move. But when she placed her hand on it's snout, the beast just puffed out small cloud of smoke and licked it's nose like a normal dog.

Persephone turned to me and smiled.

'Come, say hello' she said and I swallowed my saliva nervously. This woman was crazy.

'I uhh.... I'm fine just watching' I said. Just as my voice rang, other two heads that were sleeping opened their eyes and turned to me. I felt shiver roll down my spine when all three pairs of eyes stared at me.

'He needs to know that you are under Hades' rule and that you are not a threat' she said walking towards me, but my eyes were on the beast. I think he was imagining him chewing me alive.

'It's not like I will... come here often' I said, but the goddess was having none of it. Before I could peel my eyes away from the dog, she ran and pushed me from behind towards the beast. I stumbled forward and stopped just a mere meter or so away from the creature.

He lifted all of his heads and leaned to me, surrounding me. I closed my eyes and stood there frozen as I felt him sniff me and waited for those fangs to shred me into peaces. But instead I heard a small whine and heavy breathing. Slowly opening my eyes I saw the beast looking at me with all three tongues out. He actually looked friendly.

I rose my hand and carefully placed in on his snout like Persephone and smiled when he huffed and let me pet him.

'You're so adorable' I whispered cought in the moment. Whitout a warning I felt something rough and wet touch me and before I knew, I was licked by Cerberus, leaving me drenched.

'Ewww...' I heard Persephone which made me laugh.

'He really is cute' I said to her and scratched behind his ear. His head instantly plopped down with his eyes closed with enjoyment.

'Yeah, I can see that he likes you' she said with her nose wrinkled in disgust. I petted Cerberus' heads for a few minutes before we decided to head back.

Our walk back was short and we were in gloomy halls once again.

'Let me show you the baths right away' she said and I chuckled at her walking at the distance from me.

We passed corridor after corridor until we reached one of those fancy glass doors with ornaments. It shielded the bath quite good, but I knew that I was going all the way to the back if I'm going nude in there.

'I'm going to sleep. Do you remember your way back to your room?' Persephine asked me with a yawn. I could see that she was really tired, so I nod despite having no clue in what part of the castle I really was.

'Have a nice bath, goodnight' she waved.

'Night' I waved her back and entered the bath.