Chapter 29

Back a month, to the day after Rin went into labor.

"Holy fucking shi-!" Konan smacked her hand over Hidan's mouth, the jashin had only just arrived at the hideout and he was standing not far from where Yuuki and his Okaa-san were laying.

From the look on the ravenette, she was much too tired to deal with Hidan's loudness. She had been in labor for almost nine hours, she gave birth to Yuuki at 7:53 P.M. December 29, the night before.

Konan pulled the criminal out of the room, letting them stand on the stairs in between the different levels. "You jackass. If you had woken Yuuki..." She trailed off seeing a familiar raven had just arrived.

"Is Rin alright?" The Uchiha asked from behind the jashinist.

Konan nodded. "Just very tired." She said, still covering the silver haired man's mouth. Itachi moved past the two going in to see the ravenette.

Konan's gaze returned to the man before her. "Be silent as the dead Hidan, Rin's hardly slept the last twenty-four hours."

He nodded and she released him allowing him back into the room. Much to his annoyance, Itachi was holding the infant, while he sat on the bed next to the now sleeping kunoichi. He raised his free hand to his lips when he noticed the jashinist.

Hidan frowned as he walked toward them, though his gaze softened as it fell on the child in the Uchiha's arms, Yuuki was cooing softly as he sucked on Itachi's finger.

A smile came to the jashin's face as he sat down beside the three. Itachi chuckled lightly as the man looked at him. Hidan clearly wanted a turn holding the infant. Yuuki's gaze went to the new person sitting with him.

Hidan blinked recognizing the golden snake eyes, only difference was the baby did not have the purple around it's half lidded gaze. Itachi seemed to notice what Hidan was looking at. "He's got his Okaa-san's eyes." He said with a smirk.

"Can't tell whose hair." Hidan joked running his hand over the bald headed baby. Itachi shook his head at the man. Hidan looked back up at the Uchiha. "Can I hold him..?"

Itachi glanced at the boy then Hidan. He slowly nodded, using his free hand, he adjusted Hidan's arms so he could take Yuuki into his hold. They gentlyswitched the infant over. "Hidan hold his head up." Itachi instructed, making sure the criminal held the child up right.

Yuuki wined as he had to adjust to the new person holding him's form. Hidan tried not to laugh too loud as he held the small child, the baby was now sucking on his thump, his face buried into Hidan's shirt.

The two men smiled softly down at the baby, Itachi was the only one of the two that had ever really experienced what a baby was like. With his brother Sasuke, it had been different, the younger Uchiha had cried far too much for his liking. Yuuki was quiet like a mouse.

It was only a matter of seconds before the child was sleeping. Itachi leaned against the head board of the bed, allowing the still sleeping ravenette to cuddle up to him.

Hidan blinked, a slight twinge of jelousy coming to his eyes. He didn't want the Uchiha to hold the ravenette, even if their relationship was sibling effection.

They sat silently and Hidan found his arm growing stiff, he wondered how all those Okaa-san's could hold their child like this, not even slightly effected.

"Oi, Itachi, want to switch?" He asked, keeping his voice low, as not to wake the ravenette or her son. Itachi glanced up at him.

"If we did, they would both wake." He responded, his voice barely a whisper.

Hidan groaned. "But my arm hurts.."

"You like pain, baka, deal with it." The jashin growled in response, he hated how smart the damn Uchiha was.