Chapter 18

Rin was gathered with the rest of the genin that had made itthrough the second part of the exam, Naruto had almost tackled her ina hug when he saw her, Sasuke and Sakura had seemed more distant thannormal when greeting her. But now they were listening to Hayateexplain the preliminaries.

Rin's gaze was locked with her Otou-san's though, something toldher he somehow found out about her getting drunk, if no one but themwere there she was sure he would be scolding her.

Kabuto sent her a reassuring smile, but that did nothing to help,though no one could really see her face with her hood casting ashadow over it, her Otou still managed to glare at her. She hadtrouble trying to remain calm, she just hoped her Otou-san neverfound out what happened after she and Kakashi got back to the room.

She wondered why Kabuto didn't raise his hand to quit like he wassupposed to either. She frowned, had her Otou-san made changes fromwhat Kabuto had told her? Everyone was told to leave the battle areaas Sasuke's name appeared on screen as did Akado Yoroi, someone fromKabuto's team.

Rin paid little attention to the fight as she avoided Kakashi'sgaze, the jounin had asked her out that morning, even if it was kindalate, she had neither refused or accepted his offer. She was sure hewas desperately awaiting the answer.

She didn't want to say yes, but at the same time, part of her did,she despised that part of her, it was because of that part that shehad not killed since her coming to Konoha. She was turning soft andshe knew it.

That wasn't the only thing that was keeping her tense though, thesand siblings were watching her, she didn't even want to know whatthey were thinking. She could guess they were hoping to be putagainst her. The way their sensei looked at her made her feel like atiny little bug.

She wondered why he was looking at her as though she were supposedto do something. Did he perhaps think she was her Otou-san? Therewere a few more fights, she didn't pay any attention to.

Rin tensed when she saw her name and Kabuto's appear on the board,both their shared surname name was listed. She bit her lip jumpingdown, hiding the pain that corsed up her leg from impact, Kabutofollowed in suit.

"Kakashi-sensei, is that guy related to Rin-sensei?"Sakura asked noticing they had the same name.

Kakashi looked at the board and sweatdropped. "I don'tbelieve so Sakura, Rin as far as I know only has her Otou-san."He replied.

The two Yakushi circled each other, Rin was clearly limping yetKabuto wasn't using her leg to his advantage. Whenever one lungedforward the other seemed to already know the move and counter withtheir own. Rin wasn't fighting seriously, Kakashi noted, thisbothered him.

Kabuto lunged forwardd with his kunai, Rin blocked it, going toattack with one of her blades, when the man vanished and was suddenlybehind her, his kunai driving into her back almost exactly whereshe'd already been pierced by a blade. Right near her right shoulderblade.

Only difference was the blade was poking out the other side, bloodstaining the front and back of her purple cloak's right side. Rinwinced, Kakashi tensed as he saw her right arm fall limp by her side,letting the blade slip from her fingers.

"Damn it..." The ravenette hissed, turning at a newspeed, almost too quick for the naked eye to catch. Using her leftarm she attacked. Kabuto had trouble dodging her attacks, as shemoved swiftly.

Her blade made multiple cuts on his body that seemed to appearbefore she even touched him. Her eyes filled with venom, she pulledaway from him moments after she began. Letting the ninja fall to hisknees.

She pointed her blade at his throat. "Forfeit, Kabuto-nii."She ordered, all love and care that she once held for him, gone fromher gaze.

The silver haired spy smiled as he looked up at the ravenette hehad grown so close to over the years he had worked with her Otou-san.That closeness was long gone, Rin had never once harmed him enoughfor it to draw blood, and now he had multiple cuts and scratches.