Chapter 2

The day dragged by just like it always did. The only difference about today was that everywhere I went people would stare at me. They would stare and whisper. They looked at me with pity and I didn't understand why.

Then I remembered what had happened that morning with Harry and it clicked. They all pitied me because they knew he was going to make my life a living hell. Truth is though I didn't really care.

"Are you ready?" Amber asked as she reached me at my locker.

I nodded. "You wouldn't happen to own any really nice dresses, would you?"

She groaned. "We'll stop by the mall."

I smiled and followed alongside her as we made our way out of the school. We got one step into the parking lot and was stopped.

"Hey, Ms. piggy!" 

I rolled my eyes and turned around. This outta be good.

"Yes, Styles?" I smiled sweetly, twirling a strand of my hair.

"Why don't you let me give you a ride? I think we live on the same block." he winked. I gagged. Literally. I bent over and gagged right in front of everyone.

"Are you okay?" Amber rubbed her hand along my back for comfort.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm alright. I just gagged at how cliche that was." I then laughed. "Seriously, Styles, can't you do better?"

His cheeks turned a light shade of red, whether it be from embarrassment or anger I wasn't sure. I smirked and turned around. Amber followed me as we walked over to her car. I looked back and he was still standing there, staring at me.

"Honestly, Styles, just take a damn picture!"

- - -

"How do you expect me to help you pick a dress if you won't come out so I can see them on you?" Amber mentioned through the dressing room door.

I stared at myself in the body mirror. I liked this dress but I was afraid to show it to Amber. It clung to my body, making my curves extremely noticeable.

"Jen, please come out. I'm sure you look beautiful."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened the door and she took a few steps back as I walked out. I didn't say anything as I did a turn and walked a few steps down the hall and then back to her. 

"Wow.. its-"

"Disgusting. I know."

"What?" she shook her head. "No, no. Its gorgeous, Jen. You look gorgeous."

I looked down at myself. "Really? Doesn't it show too much, though? I mean anyone can tell this dress is stuck to me. Look at how prominent my curves are. Its not attractive."

She laughed. "Yes, the dress does stick to you and shows every curve but that's why you look so good. To be honest, I wish I had your body. I have no curves what so ever."

I gave her a look that showed how absurd what she said was. "You have curves."

"I have small curves." she rest her hands on her hips. "I'm like.. boom. But you're like, BOOM BABAM!"

I burst out laughing and so did she. I shook my head and wiped away a tear that had slipped from how hard I was laughing.

"Okay, I get it. You think I'm hot." I joked. "Should I get this dress?"

"Well I don't know, I didn't even get to see the other ones." she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I didn't really like the other ones.." I shrugged.