Chapter 19

WARNING: sh*ts about to go down yall

Jennifer's P.O.V.

"Let me get this straight, you two are friends?" David asked when Harry and I sat down together at the lunch table. 

"Yes." I nod and eagerly unwrap my chicken sandwich. I remove the top bun and squirt ketchup all over the chicken patty. I then smash the top bun back on it and pick it up with both of my hands, putting it to my mouth and taking a giant bite out of it. 

When I look up with my mouthful of food, everyone at the table is staring at me.

"What? I'm hungry." I manage to mumble through the garbage in my mouth. School lunches were not satisfying at all but I was so hungry at this point that I didn't really care.

"I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that you two are friends and that's it." David continues although I'm not really listening. "Like how can you be just friends? Are you sure you aren't fuck buddies?"

I suddenly choke on the chocolate milk I had been taking a sip of and I thank Harry when he hands me a couple of napkins he had grabbed when we were getting our food.

"No, we are not fuck buddies." I say to David and he sighs before leaning on his hand and staring at Harry fondly.

"I wish I was." he says and this time Harry chokes on his milk. I hold in a laugh as he wipes his face off with a clean napkin and looks at David.

"Look, you're a good looking and guy and all," Harry says, stopping to clear his throat. "but I don't swing that way."

"I don't even care if you don't swing that way, you think that I'm good looking, my life is made!" David fangirls and starts fanning his self. "Is it hot in here or is it just me?"

"You good?" I ask slowly when David starts dabbing sweat off of his forehead with the same napkin Harry cleaned up his milk with. Harry looks at me and then back at David in disgust when he takes the napkin and pats his armpits with it.

"Lets go get some air.." Amber says, taking Davids arm and leading him outside.

I watch through the giant windows beside our table as David looks like he's hyperventilating.

"Is he hyperventilating?" Harry asks, watching David as well.

"I think so." I say.

"Should we go check on him?" Harry asks.

"Probably." I say but neither of us make a move to go outside.

"All I did was call him good-looking.." Harry mumbled and I let out a snort.

"David has been in love with you since he first laid eyes on you in the 7th grade. You calling him good-looking was equivalent to asking him to marry you." I tell him and he nods with a raise of his brows.

"Oh wow.." he mumbles under his breath and I shrug my shoulders as I take another bite of my sandwich.

"So I wanted to ask you something.." Harry says when I swallow my food and I stare at him until he continues with his question. "I was wondering if you might want to go out with me sometime?"

"Go out with you..?" I repeat and his eyes widen.

"No, not like that! That's not what I meant. I meant like hangout with me, but out somewhere, so go out with me but not like go out with me as in a date. Definitely not as a date because we're just friends and friends don't go on dates, they hangout so do you want to hangout.. with me?" Harry takes a deep breath after his rant on how he didn't ask me out in a date way. I can't help but let a laugh escape my lips at how flustered he was.