Chapter 23

Jennifer's P.O.V.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask, my voice breaking the silence between Harry and I. He had driven me home after we finished our hours at the shelter and now we were sitting in his car in front of my house.

"Don't you think its kind of late?" Harry says, picking up his phone and checking the time. It was 10:33pm.

"Oh, I didn't realize." I say as I look down at my hands that are sitting in my lap. 

The reason I didn't want Harry to leave is because I would be alone again and although me being alone was my fault to begin with, I didn't want to be alone anymore.

"I mean I don't mind coming inside for a bit, but I don't think your mother would be too happy." he smiles at me and I shrug.

"Mom's been working a lot more lately. She usually doesn't get home until after midnight." I say, and Harry stares at the steering wheel. 

"Why do you want me to come inside?" he asks, not looking at me.

"Because I don't want to be alone." I say instantly. "And I thought maybe we could order some pizza and watch some movies." I shrug again. "Or not. Its fine if you don't want to."

Harry looks at me and rests his hand no my knee. "I want to."

I give him a small smile and we both get out of the car and walk up the driveway to the house. I try the knob and am surprised when its unlocked at this hour. I open the door and we both go inside, Harry closing the door behind the two of us.

"I think Grant might still be up." I tell Harry. 

"If he is, he can join us." Harry says and I can't help but smile to myself. 

"Grant, knock it off!" we both hear a whispered voice say, but neither of us can guess who it belongs to because the voice is too far away.

"Unless Grant has his own company tonight.." I trail off as Harry and I walk down the hall and to Grants room where we find the door shut and no lights coming from the cracks.

"He has company and the lights off?" Harry raises a brow. "Not gonna lie, I'm kind of proud of him."

"Ow!" Harry yells out as I smack his arm. "What was that for?!"

"For that comment you just made!" I hiss.

"You don't even work out, how do you hit so hard?" Harry says as he rubs his arm.

"Oh, man up." I say. "I barely hit you."

He starts to protest but his mouth slams shut when the door cracks open and Grant pokes his head out.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Grant looks at Harry and then at me.

"Us?! What are you doing?" I shoot back and he nervously looks at the ground.

"Nothing. I-I'm just watching TV." Grant stutters and I know he's lying. He's always been a terrible liar.

"Liar." I say and attempt to open his door more but he stands in front of me.

"Grant, what the hell?" I throw my hand in the air, getting annoyed at him. "Who's in there?"

"No one!" he claims and I sigh.

"You're a terrible liar. Tell me who is in there, now." I demand and he looks at the ground, keeping his mouth shut and not saying anything at all.

"That's it." I say and shove past Grant but he doesn't try to stop me this time.

I walk into the room and flip the light switch, looking around and not seeing anyone. I glance at the bed and its obvious someone is hiding under the covers. I roll my eyes and walk over to the bed, grabbing the end of the covers.