Chapter 20

Jennifer's P.O.V.

"You're late." I point out with my arms crossed over my chest, my foot tapping against the floor as my patience wore thin.

"I was just trying to make you feel that same suspense I felt when you were late meeting me." Harry says with a smug look on his face.

My mouth falls open and my arms uncross. "In my defense, you never stated which hallway I was supposed to meet you in."

"Neither did you!" he laughs in irony and I roll my eyes.

"Okay but I thought it was obvious which hallway considering we had met here once already." I defend myself yet again and he rolls his eyes this time.

"Whatever, I'm here now. What do you want to tell me?" he changes the topic.

"I didn't really want to tell you anything, actually." I admit. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to hangout because you asked me at lunch and I never really gave you an answer."

"You mean when you called me cute?" he teases me and I grit my teeth.

"Do you want to fight me?" I squint my eyes at him, trying to look intimidating. He giggles before putting his fists up and smiling.

"Lets go." he says and I shake my head.

"Maybe later, I don't want to hurt you while we're at school." I brush him off and he scoffs.

"Oh yeah, that's why you won't fight me."

"Whatever, lets go." I turn around and start walking down the hallway and to the school exit. I hear his footsteps following behind me and I smile to myself as an idea pops into my head.

"Last one to your car eats ass!" I say and take off running the second I get through the giant doors. 

"What?" I hear Harry say and then a split second after that I hear him running after me. "This isn't fair you had a head start!" he yells and I let out a breathless laugh as my feet hit the pavement of the parking lot.

At this point Harry his right beside me and we run head to head to his car, his hand reaching out and touching his vehicle before me. My feet come to a halt and I bend over and rest my hands on my knees as I try desperately to catch my breath.

"That's not f-fair," I gasp for oxygen. "Your arms are longer than mine."

"Yes." he agrees and his lips break out into a wide grin before he proceeds to say, "But I still won, and you eat ass."

I cross my arms over my chest but I don't protest against what he said because he was right. Not right about me eating ass because I do not do that, but right about him being the rightful winner.

"Get in the car." Harry interrupts the silence and I furrow my eyebrows. 

"First of all, don't you ever tell me what to do. Second of all, okay." I say and open the passenger door and get inside the car. Once we're both in, the doors are shut and we have our seat belts on, I look over at Harry. "Where are we going?"

"On our date-" he begins saying but stops himself and I grin as his cheeks turn bright red and his hands start fiddling with his car keys. "Haha, did I say date? I meant hangout. We're going to hangout because we're friends and friends don't date."

I hide the smile on my face and shake my head. "Just drive the car, Harry." I say and he nods quickly, sticking the keys in the ignition and bringing the car to life.

We leave the parking lot and speed through town, passing by every possible place we could hangout at. I look away from the window and glance at Harry who's eyes are glued to the empty road ahead of us. I take this quiet moment to notice just how relaxed he is when he drives. His face isn't tense and brooding like it normally seems to be. Instead its soft and and you can tell he's happy despite there being no smile on his face.