Chapter 9

There was tension in the car as Harry drove the both of us to school. I half expected him to pressure me into telling him why I was crying earlier but he didn't.

"Wait." he said once the car was parked in the school parking lot and the engine was cut.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car anyway. I stood and watched as he walked around to the trunk and opened it. He pulled out a brown leather jacket that looked about 10 years old.

"You have to wear it all day, for a week, no taking it off." he said.

"I'm only going to wear it at school." I said.

"No." he shook his head. "You have to wear it home too."

"That wasn't said in the deal." I crossed my arms.

"Technically nothing was said, except for you having to wear my jacket for a week." he pointed out. "You agreed without further details."

I sighed. "Alright, fine. I don't care anymore. Give me the jacket."

I held my hand out for the jacket but he didn't hand it to me.

"This is a very old jacket." he said. "This is my favorite jacket. Treat it like a newborn baby."

"Okay." I said, becoming annoyed. I just wanted to get to class already so I could talk to Amber.

She never called or texted last night. I was worried something went wrong with the police.

Harry held the jacket open and I stared at him.

"This is not some love movie. Give me the jacket." I snapped and snatched the jacket out of his hands.

He gasped and held his hand to his mouth in horror as I harshly shoved my arms through the sleeves that were far too big for my small arms.

"I told you to treat it like a newborn baby!"

"I am." I deadpanned. His eyes widened before they squinted at me.

"You are a monster." he whispered under his breath.

"I'm just trying to be like you." I smiled. "Guess I'm nailing it."

His expression went blank but I could see his jaw twitch. I looked him up and down with a resting bitch face before I turned on the heels of my black vans and strutted like a badass across the parking lot.

The front door to the school flew open when I pulled on it. All heads turned to stare at me as I held my head high and walked through the parted hallway.

"Is that Harry's jacket?" someone gasped as I walked past them. I looked back at them and winked.

They gasped again and started whispering things I couldn't hear. I continued down the hallway until I reached my locker. Amber wasn't at hers and neither was David. Which meant they were either absent or in the girls bathroom.

Yes David goes in the girls bathroom, and if you want to finish school without being completely humiliated, you don't say anything about it.

I slammed my locker and hurried to the bathroom. I pushed the door open and went inside. All gossip stopped, everyone's eyes fell on me.

"Jenny?" Amber poked her head through all the girls. Her face was red and she kept wiping her nose. She'd been crying.

I stepped from in front of the door and pointed at it. "Everyone out!"

They all stared at me and I sighed.

"I said, get the fuck out!" I yelled and the sound of heels and adidas was heard as everyone grabbed their things and scampered out.