2 - Flights, Fiancés, & Fear

Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

J O R D Y N

With my backpack on my back, I followed behind other people getting off of the plane. It was crowded to say the least. I craned my neck for any sight of my curly haired fiancé. There were dozens of people waiting for their loved ones, but my eyes landed on the only one that mattered in this moment in time.

My fiancé was in between a woman with her child and an elderly couple. I let out a happy sigh as our eyes made contact for the first time in months. He stood there in an army green jacket and black skinny jeans, holding a piece of paper with the words, "Mrs. Irwin" scribbled on it. Tears brimmed my eyes as I ran to him, slipping my backpack off of my shoulders.

I dropped it at his feet as I leaped into his open arms, my legs wrapping around his waist.

"I missed you so much." I cried into his neck, hugging him so tight, never wanting to let him go.

"I'm never letting you go." His voice was muffled as he talked into my shoulder. I breathed in the familiar scent of his cologne before I pulled away to look into his eyes.

"Why are you crying, Jordyn?" He laughed at me as I laughed too, more tears falling down my face.

I grabbed his beautiful face in my hands.

"Because," I pressed my lips to his for the first time in what felt like forever. "I missed you so much."

He rested his forehead on mine and looked back and forth between my eyes and my lips as he spoke.

"I missed you more." After he spoke, he kissed me back and I couldn't help but smile.

I pulled away and noticed that we had caught the stares of various people standing around us.

"Oh gosh, people are staring, put me down." I chuckled as I covered my face with my right hand as my left hand held on to the back of Ashton's neck.

"Let them stare," He began as he pulled my hand away from my face as his other hand held me tightly, keeping me from falling. "Let the whole world stare, Jordyn Achsa Ellis."

"You are my world." I whispered as I stared into his eyes, earning a smile from him. He pressed his lips to mine quickly before setting me down.

I bent over to grab my backpack and slung it over my shoulders.

Before we were able to leave, the old man that was standing next to Ashton, reached out and grabbed Ashton's shoulder.

"Son," the man began, his lips turned up in a smile as he spoke to him. "You both remind me of my wife and I when we were your age, and here we are sixty-four years later, happily married, three children, and seven grandchildren."

"Wow, that's amazing." Ashton smiled at what the old man told him. I smiled at him too.

"I see a ring on your finger," He said as he nodded towards my left hand. "When it gets hard, don't give up the faith."

The man pointed at us and smiled before turning around to stand by his wife who must have been talking to one of their grandchildren.

"Thank you." Ashton muttered as he wrapped his arm around me and pressed a kiss to my temple.

We began to weave in between people as we walked our way to our next flight that was going to take off in twenty minutes.

"Do you have your boarding pass?" Ashton asked me as we approached our gate.