4 - Death, Love, & Lies

Perfect Score - State Champs
Always the last to fall asleep
Always with a dream in mind
Carried the weight, but honestly
I still got left behind
You think it's easier to find
What's wrong than to figure it out

J O R D Y N

I looked up from my laptop as my brother and best friend burst into my room.

"Get up, bitch!" Alice yelled as she jumped on me. I grunted as my laptop almost fell off my bed. Her short, black hair tickled my cheek as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Yeah, get up, bitch!" Cameron joked as he sat down in my desk chair.

"No," I grumbled as I looked up from the document I was currently typing.

"Don't you want to go to the movies with your faves?" Alice pouted. She made her green eyes get big and even let out a small tear.

"Puppy dog eyes don't work on me, and plus, Cameron is not my fave."

"Loser," Cameron huffed as he stood up and approached my bed.

"But seriously," Alice sat up. "Please come to the movies with us."

I shut my laptop as I looked between my brother and best friend.

"Guys, I seriously have to turn this research paper in to Mr. Morgan tomorrow, and I only have my introduction done."

"Screw English class. Come to the movies with your friends," Cameron sent me a mischievous smile.

"Maybe that mindset is why you suck at school," I rolled my eyes at my older brother. Cameron was a senior and he was extremely street smart, but when it came to school smarts, he was not up to par. Alice and I, who were sophomores, were in a lot of the same classes as him, and we always had to help him with his homework, that is, if he even decided to do it that day.

"Damn, the hostility in here is real," Alice sighed.

I sat up next to her and shrugged my shoulders.

"I will drag you out of here if I have to," Alice said as she suddenly stood up and yanked my arm. I tumbled forward off my bed and landed on the floor. I groaned as I sprawled out on my back.

"Are you going to write a seven-page paper on plea bargains for me by tomorrow?" I asked the two people peering down at me.

"Nope," Cameron stated.

"Never mind then." Alice chuckled as she offered her hand to help me up.

"Okay Jor, I'll text you if Cameron cries at all. We're seeing a chick flick," Alice high-fived me as she stuck her tongue out at my brother.

"Whatever," He rolled his eyes before walking to the doorway.

"I love you. Good luck with your paper," Alice said as she wrapped her arms around me for a hug. I hugged my best friend back before we pulled away.

"I love you too. Bye Cam," I waved at my brother, who in return gave me a dirty look before throwing up a peace sign and walked out.

"He's so high maintenance, I don't know how you've put up with him for all of these years," Alice laughed as she followed behind him.

"I don't know either!" I yelled.

///

"Did you hear all of those sirens a while ago?" My mom asked as she sat next to me at the kitchen table.