17 - Deals With the Devil

Please Don't Go - Joel Adams

Most nights I pray for you to come home

Praying to the Lord

Praying for my soul

Now Please Don't Go

Most Nights I hardly sleep when I'm alone

Now Please Don't Go, oh no

I think of you whenever I'm alone

So Please Don't Go

A S H T O N

I anxiously tapped my fingers on a table in the hospital cafeteria.

My mind felt like it was spinning at the speed of a tornado, all my thoughts had turned to mush.

"Hey," Calum muttered as he took the seat directly across from me. Evelyn, Luke, and Michael all took the remaining chairs at the table, leaving one empty.

"Adrienne had to fly to Italy, her Nonna is really sick," Evelyn informed me as I eyed the empty chair. I nodded, making a mental note to call her later and see if she was okay.

"So, why did you want us all to meet you here?" Luke asked. He leaned forward on his arms and rested his head on his closed fists.

Michael shifted uncomfortably next me, he knew why. I swallowed a hard lump in my throat.

"We're going to find the bastard that tried to kill Jordyn," I sighed.

Evelyn chewed on her bottom lip before speaking.

"We don't even know who it was though, do we?"

Michael and I exchanged a nervous glance.

"What?" Calum asked as he suddenly sat up.

"We actually know who did it," Michael said. He rubbed the scruff on his chin.

"Who-"

"Tanner Sirello." I squinted my eyes becuase his name felt like poison in my mouth.

"What!?" Calum nearly knocked his chair over, Luke buried his head in his hands, and Evelyn looked at him with a confused look in her eyes. Luke placed his arm around her shoulder signaling that he would tell her the full story of our past later.

"The Tanner that tried to attack Jor in Australia?" she asked. I nodded.

"Tanner Sirello?" I shut my eyes at the voice that came from behind me. My hands balled up in fists as I turned around to meet the gaze of Alex Dawson who had a tray of food in his hands.

"You're not a part of this conversation, fuck off." Michael grumbled as he placed his hands over his face. He looked as fed up with everything as I did.

Alex didn't listen to the words Michael told him. He instead, plopped his tray down in the empty spot next to me and took a seat.

"Dude!"

"I know Tanner Sirello," Alex suddenly stated before he unwrapped his burrito. I furrowed my eyebrows together as I looked at the spawn of satan with curly blonde hair. He looked more douche-y than ever.

"How?" Evelyn asked with a look of disgust on her face.

"We were in group therapy together." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course." I grumbled. My fingers rubbed my temples as I could feel a headache creeping its way in.

"What a fucking surprise." Calum spit.

Alex smirked as he chewed on his burrito.

He knew something.

"What?" I asked.

"I get you guys hate me but I'm sincerely trying to help here." Alex stated which earned a roll of the eyes and a sigh from Evelyn.

We made eye contact as the next words rolled off his tongue with ease.

"We're friends, except he's a total jackass and I hate him."

My friends scoffed at his statement, I smiled. An idea formulated into my brain.

"How would you like to take this jackass down?" I asked. Michael and Calum sent me dirty looks.

Alex slowly smirked as he read my mind.

"Operation: Take Down Tanner is a go." He smiled.

I made a deal with the devil without even knowing if it would work. That's just how desperate I was.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter is two pages/500ish words shorter than all of the other chapters and I sincerely apologize. It's also THREE. WEEKS. LATE. I couldn't figure out how to write this chapter so that's why I took the baby hiatus. BUT I'M BACK. Next week is my spring break, so expect MULTIPLE updates to make up for the three weeks of nothing.

ALSO, ALEX IS JOINING THEIR TEAM. BOIIIIII. It's about to get good folks.

sorry about the hiatus though, seriously i felt really  bad but it also felt really good to take a tiny break. 

love you guys sooooo much thanks for sticking with me.

ALL THE LOVE, 

Jenna