13 - Numb

Look Up And See Infinity, Look Down And See Nothing - Mayday Parade

I wanna feel the way you taste

Just a touch of adventure, but safe

I wanna make the clouds come down

I wanna fill the rest of you out

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!!

A S H T O N

I was contently laying in the grass in some park, somewhere in Michigan with my eyes closed. The warm summer breeze gently caressed my face and the sun warmed my body.

I felt content.

There was no care in the world, there was no stress from work, no worry about any kind of hate, nothing.

I felt Jordyn's hands touch my head, her small fingers running themselves through my hair, slowly lulling me to sleep.

"Ashton?" She whispered.

I grunted in response, half asleep.

"Babe." I could sense that she was leaning over me, looking at my face.

"What?" I opened my eyes and instantly shut them again due to the sun's intense brightness.

"Here." She placed her sunglasses on my face, I slowly opened my eyes and was met with Jordyn leaning over me, her hand covering her mouth, laughing.

"I look stupid, don't I?" I groaned as I half sat up, I was leaning on my arms.

"I mean..." She trailed off and bit her lip as she did so.

I chuckled as I pulled them off my face and handed them back to her. She hung them from the neckline of her dress.

"I love you, have I told you that lately?" She asked as she laid down next to me. I gave her the side-eye before I looked up at the clouds.

"You told me that like five minutes ago, Loser." I laid back fully, letting the grass tickle my neck.

Jordyn let out a long sigh.

"I love you more." I whispered.

She perked up at my words and rolled on her side, her hand holding up her head. Her left hand laid across my chest.

"I still can't believe you got an 'A' tattooed in between your fingers." I laughed as I played with her ring finger. The little A made an appearance on the side of her finger as I lifted it up. "What if we break up?"

Jordyn slapped my chest and gasped.

"We already broke up once, Loser! Now if you're hinting that we should break up again, boy bye." She said as she began to get up.

"No!" I laughed as I pulled her down on top of me. She started to laugh with me as she rested her head in my chest. "Now I'm thinking about a tattoo idea, tell me what you think."

She picked her head up and looked into my eyes. Her hair was pinned back loosely on both sides and it tickled my chin.

"Imagine your name, in all of its glory on my left buttcheek." I barely made it through the sentence without laughing.