15 - 12:43 a.m.

A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

A S H T O N

Jordyn gasped as she stared past me and out the window of the car. She pulled the steering wheel to the right and pulled over on the curb.

"You're gasping over this?" I asked incredulously. Jordyn unbuckled her seatbelt and opened her door to get out.

In front of us was a two-story dilapidated house. Weeds overgrew the garden and the grass hadn't been cut in a long while.

I slowly unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of Jordyn's car. This was the fourth house we've seen today and by far the worst.

"Ashton!" she gushed. She aggressively grabbed me by my arm, a certain sparkle in her eyes. I knew that sparkle, she had it whenever she had an idea. "This house is perfect!"

I crinkled my nose at her words.

This house needed to be torn down, it was far from perfect.

"What do you guys think?" Rosa, our real estate agent asked us. I jumped at her words because I didn't hear her pull up or get out of her car.

"Rosa, I love it!"

"Not a fan." I mumbled.

"It's in the area you wanted to live and it's only a small fraction of your budget, about $50,000 to be exact."

My eyes widened, it was definitely below our maximum budget and it was in the area we wanted to live but it still looked like a piece of crap.

"Are you serious?" Jordyn let go of me in disbelief, her hands covered her mouth. "Can we see the inside?"

"Of course! Follow me." Rosa smiled as she pointed up the walkway to the front porch. Jordyn followed Rosa and I followed close behind Jordyn. I held onto her waist as we walked across the old and creaky porch and through the front door.

I coughed as we entered. There was so much dust everywhere.

Jordyn gasped once again but ended up in a coughing fit. I slapped her on the back a couple of times to help her get the dust out.

"It is a little bit dusty so excuse that," Rosa mentioned as she walked to the living room. I nearly fell through the floor from a loose floor board. Jordyn stifled back a laugh as Rosa opened the fifty year old curtains.

There were huge bay windows that covered the back wall which gave a full view into the huge backyard.

"Ashton! The fireplace!" Jordyn excitedly pointed to the fireplace that was opposite of the windows. It was large and old, not much else could describe it.

"It looks like a fireplace to me, Jor." I sighed as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. Rosa led us through the rest of the house and out into the backyard.

"Ashton, can you imagine a swing set right there for our kids and then a pool or something over there?" She covered her mouth with her hands as she looked longingly at the yard. I shook my head and smiled, I think she loved this house more than she loved me.

"Our kids?"

"Yeah, everywhere I look I can see our family Ashton. This house was made for us."