10 - Broken Promises

Salvation - Gabrielle Aplin
You are the avalanche
One world away
My make believing
While I'm wide awake
Just a trick of light
To bring me back around again
Those wild eyes
A psychedelic silhouette
I never meant to fall for you but I
Was buried underneath and
All that I could see was white
My salvation

A S H T O N

Thirteen minutes and twenty – three seconds.

Thirteen minutes and twenty – three seconds Jordyn's life hung in the balance before we arrived at the hospital.

The paramedics pulled the gurney out of the ambulance and I followed behind them. A team of doctors and nurses were waiting at the doors.

I just kept mumbling the words "please help her" repeatedly.

"Twenty-one year old female, victim of a hit and run!" One of the paramedics shouted as the team of doctors whisked her away. I followed them until one of the nurses stopped me.

"They're taking her to the Operating Room now, we'll let you know when she comes out." The woman said to me as she gestured to a small waiting room that had about three people in it. She gave me a sad, sympathetic smile before she walked away.

Twenty minutes ago, we were both alive and arguing and now, Jordyn was dying.

I sat down in a chair as I blankly stared around the room.

A young man was sitting there nervously bobbing his knee up and down with his hands crossed.

New father.

I so desperately wanted to have children, but there was no way I would even consider having children with anyone but Jordyn.

A couple seats down from him were two parents that were holding hands. The wife's head was resting on his shoulder as tears rolled down her face.

I suddenly thought of Jordyn's parents.

They still had no clue what was happening.

I closed my eyes as tears slipped out and fell down my face, landing on my shirt which was stained in Jordyn's blood.

The new father in the corner looked up at me and gave me a sad look as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

The screen was lit up with messages from the guys.

GROUP CHAT – main bitchez

Michael Clifford: ashton where you at bro

Evelyn Peters: did you find Jordyn???

Calum Hood: help Luke and Evelyn are having a quickie in the bathroom

Evelyn Peters: I'm sitting right next to you in the car you little bitch

Luke Hemmings: omg

Luke Hemmings: can you guys take an uber home? Adrienne is driving us home because Jor left her keys with evelyn but since you both are MIA we're going back to Evelyn's

Evelyn Peters: the road by that café is shut down omg it looks like a bad accident hopefully everyone involved is okay

Calum Hood: yeah traffic sucks butt rn because of it

I ignored the group chat and scrolled through my contacts, landing on the name of the first person I needed to talk to.

Johnathan Ellis.