22 - The Light

Forget Me Not - Marianas Trench

I'm not ready for what's to come

Does that make me

My mother's selfish son

But I wanted you to know

I still need you my friend

From the lines to amend

To the cradle again

I'll be your

I'll be your

I'll be your

Forget, forget me not

J O R D Y N

There was a bright light shining at me, it was brighter than anything I had ever seen before. I shielded my eyes but stopped short when I heard my name.

"Jordyn!" it called.

I recognized it. It was him.

"Cameron?" My voice cried. I squinted my eyes so I could see better.

Cameron's silhouette was standing in the distance; he was joined with two others.

I recognized them too.

I became overcome with emotions and I ran to them, arms outstretched with tears running down my face.

As I got closer I could see Alice's short black hair and Terrance's dreadlocks; I ran faster. I saw the smiles on their faces as they threw their arms open for a hug.

Just as I was about to touch Cameron's hand, something stopped me. An invisible force began pulling me back.

"CAMERON!?" I frantically screamed. I was terrified, I didn't know what was happening to me.

Cameron spoke calmly as he lowered his hand to his side, "It's okay Jordyn. It's not your time, just remember, we will always love you."

Then, it all went black.

My eyes opened and there was a light shining down at me, it wasn't nearly as bright as the first one but it was bright enough to for me to squint my eyes.

My eyes finally adjusted to the light and I fully I opened my eyes. I was in a hospital room.

I noticed Evelyn curled up in a chair at the end of my bed, asleep. I wanted to get her attention but there was a tube down my throat and I felt groggy and confused.

Where was Ashton? I needed to see him.

Then, the excruciating pain hit. I let out a noise that sounded like something demonic was possessing me because I couldn't use my mouth or throat.

Evelyn shifted in her chair but she was still sound asleep.

A tear dripped down my face.

I heard Luke's voice call, "hey Eves?"

I tried to blink away the hot tears but they just made my vision blur for a moment.

Luke walked in with two sandwiches in his hand and stopped in his tracks when he saw me.

"So they didn't have the turkey sand- holy shit."

Evelyn didn't hear a word he said.

"Jordyn, oh my God!"

He rushed over to me and tripped over Evelyn's chair causing him to tumble and half land on my bed and half on the floor.

"Luke?" Evelyn's voice groggily asked. She stretched her legs and arms out and rubbed her eyes. She let out a quick yawn as she looked in our direction.

"Luke, are you ok- JORDYN!

Evelyn burst into tears. Luke was now kneeling next to me smiling and Evelyn rushed over and squeezed my hand. I squeezed hers back.

Tears kept falling from my eyes.

"Are you in a lot of pain?" Luke asked. I couldn't nod my head so I gave him a thumbs up.

"Go get a doctor," Evelyn told him. Luke nodded and got up and left.

"Oh, Jordyn," she sobbed. She blubbered something incoherent and then all I heard was the word "Ashton" and she pulled her phone out.

I didn't pay any attention to what she was saying because of the immense pain I was feeling. The ceiling was spinning and noises were making my migraine worse.

"Okay Jordyn, this medicine is going to make you sleep for a little bit, we'll be here when you wake up."

Then, I went back to the dark abyss.