9 - Hysterics

Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World
There's no one in town I know
You gave us some place to go
I never said thank you for that
I thought I might get one more chance
What would you think of me now
So lucky, So strong, So proud?
I never said thank you for that
Now I'll never have a chance
May angels lead you in
Hear you me my friends
On sleepless roads, the sleepless go
May angels lead you in

A S H T O N

We all have defining moments in our lives. Ones that show us who we're going to be and ones that make us question all the life decisions we'd made up until this point.

Jordyn was just given a defining moment with her new job.

I spotted the long brown hair that belonged to my fiancé from the window of the café where we had the run in with Tanner. She was hunched over the table, crying.

She had left the club where we were all getting drinks at without notifying any of us, so here I was, standing outside, wondering how messy everything had gotten.

I couldn't even look into the love of my life's eyes without seeing indifference. Usually, Jordyn's eyes were so full of love and happiness, that it would fill you with those emotions if you were lacking them that day.

My hand pulled open the door to the café and I wandered inside. My feet took me to the booth by the window where Jordyn was.

I rested my hand on her shoulder, letting her know that I was there before I sat down across from her.

"Sorry I didn't text." She mumbled without picking her head up.

"You're okay, I was just worried about you." I said as I rested my hand on her arm. As if my hand was the magic touch, she slowly lifted her head and made eye contact with me.

Her makeup was slightly smudged and her hair was messy like she had been tugging at it.

She wiped under her eyes with her fingers and sniffled a bit.

"What's on your mind, Jor baby."

She sighed as tears began to fall from her eyes again.

"What if I screw up? What if it's not my calling? What if I suck?" She threw question after question at me as she pulled her arm away from my hand.

She hugged her arms to her chest as she stared aimlessly into her glass of lavender iced tea that looked like it hadn't been touched.

"Jordyn, listen to me," I said as she slowly made eye contact once again, "You are not going to screw up. You graduated from the top film school in the nation with honors! If filmmaking wasn't your calling you would've figured that out by now. You have won so many awards for the work you've done. You are one of the most talented people I know."

"You're in the music industry, you know a lot more talented people than your lame fiancé." She laughed lightly as she rolled her eyes.

I sandwiched one of her hands in between both of mine. Her crying had stopped.

"No Jordyn, you are amazing at what you do and I am so proud of you."

She didn't say anything in response, she just stared at our hands.

"We get married in three weeks." She drifted off.

I just nodded in response. It didn't feel real, mostly because we had been engaged for four full years and we only dated for a couple of months.