14 - Revelations

Mug Shot - MAX

The light the sounds

Now pose for your mug shot

A S H T O N

Evelyn and I had gotten home from the hospital nearly twenty minutes after leaving.

As she put her car in park, I placed my hand on the door handle, ready to get out.

Evelyn's hand rested on my shoulder causing me to stop and look over at her.

"This is bad Ashton, really bad." She stared into space as she talked, her gaze focused on the closed garage door in front of us.

"I know," I mumbled. I sunk down in my seat and let out a sigh.

Evelyn's head whipped towards me, tears in her eyes.

"Do you Ashton? Do you really?" She questioned.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Ashton, your fiancé is laying in a hospital bed and may never wake up and you're out assaulting paparazzis!" She wiped her eyes before she spoke again. "Don't let them get to you, because in the end it'll only hurt you, Jordyn, and your family."

"It's not that easy!" I groaned.

"I'm fucking aware of that Ashton!" She growled as she shoved open her door. "But you're a grown man and you need to start acting like one.

She yanked her keys out of the ignition and pulled her purse out of my lap.

"Oh and if you blame yourself one more fucking time for this accident, I will personally run you over with this car." She snapped before she slammed the car door and began to walk up to the porch of the Ellis' house. Her heels making muffled clicking noises on the pavement.

I shook my head before unbuckling my seatbelt and opening the car door. I hit the lock button before closing it and walked up to the front porch.

Evelyn had left the front door open for me. I reluctantly entered and closed the door behind me. The voices that were talking in the kitchen now stopped. My hands were shoved deep in my pockets as I slowly made my way to where everyone was congregated.

Johnathan was standing next to the stove checking his phone, his hair was soaking wet and he had a duffel bag slung over his shoulder. He was next to Luke who had his arms wrapped around Evelyn. Michael was sitting next to my mother at the island and was mid-chew with a sandwich.

"Ashton!" My mother blurted as she jumped off her stool and wrapped her arms around me.

I rested my chin on her shoulder and only took my left hand out of my pocket to pat her back.

"Honey, I am so sorry." She sounded like she was crying as she pulled away from me.

"Me too Mum, me too."

She sent me a sympathetic look as I went to go sit next to Michael. He gestured his sandwich to me and I shook my head.

I wasn't in the mood to eat.

I wasn't in the mood to do a lot of things.

"Alright, Ashton, I'm going back to the hospital." Johnathan said as he was grabbing his keys and his travel mug full of coffee.