Chapter 1

Luke Skywalker didn't say anything as Rey held out the lightsaber for him. She squinted in the sun, confused and nervous for meeting someone she once thought was a myth. Rey could almost feel the simmering intensity between them. She could see it in his dark eyes, shadowed from his facial hairs. Behind them, she could see the gears trying to solve what was before him. Rey was no one but she was here for a very important mission. A mission that would change the entire galaxy. As if sensing it,the Force danced in her soul and it lifted her heart. The island felt safe but Luke didn't exactly feel comforting like the surrounding warm air. A quiet breeze lifted rogue hairs into her face and she pulled aside the strands of hair with her free hand.

Rey watched him studiously and Luke only stared at her. His eyes quickly went to look her up and down; calm and calculating. He finally said something over the islands billowing winds and the calls of many birds. "What's your name, and why have you come here?" he asked, his voice was rough and brutal. He seemed almost distraught and moved by something only he could feel and see. Perhaps it was the lightsaber bringing back many unwanted memories.

Rey remembered Leia's exact words she was given to say. She felt controlled. Like a puppet. "My name is Rey.. And Leia Organa has sent me here with your lightsaber.. We need you to come back to the Resistance" she said with a strong determined voice that carried in the winds. She looked down while smiling at Chewies' fury figure and R2-D2 hobbling on his feet for support. They gave her hope from the Resistance base. She turned back while Luke was in deep thought, his eyes past her, looking distant. The mention of Leia, his sister, seemed to catch him off guard. "Tell me everything" he said, finally looking her in the eye. And she did.

Rey was heading to her hut thinking of things other than how training would go to the next day. She took her staff off of her shoulder and placed it against the stone wall. Rey was bothered by one thing, imprinted deeply into her mind of memories. It was troubling her, shaking her inside and out. Kylo Ren.  She left out the parts she wanted too from Luke. Rey felt like the encounters and any connections they've held were supposed to be private. Only her and him. She repeated that over and over in her head as she put her things away neatly in her hut. She was going to stay here for quite some time and to learn how to be a Jedi. Rey felt like something or someone was missing. She closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. 

AN: Hello readers! I wanted to thank you all for discovering my fanfic and reading it! All of your support is deeply appreciated! I hope you enjoy! And May the Force be with you!