Chapter 6

Ben turned the Falcon's engine  off  and all Rey could hear was an eerie silence. And behind that she heard a noise, like a soft crashing. Rey wondered what it could be. Ben already ahead of her, drew the drawbridge down. It thundered down to the vibrant green grass, and beyond that was a wide expanse of water falling. The waterfall was a beautiful aquarium blue and it drizzled down on massive rocks. It was nothing Rey has ever seen before. "I'm guessing you've never seen this much water before" Ben said. Rey looked over at him, expecting to see an amused smirk. His face was a sheet of steel, smooth as the wet rocks below the waterfall. "Never" she said, her throat suddenly dry "Can I drink some of it?" "It's not polluted by the looks of it, so  it should be safe to drink" he said, smiling a little. Rey broke into a run towards the waterfall, she didn't care about anything. She felt free, like a wild bird soaring over the great expanse of grass.

When Rey neared the pool of water she dove her cupped hands in the water. When she eased the fresh water into her dry mouth it tasted and felt satisfying on her lips, tongue, and throat. Then, without helping her self, she splashed her face in the water. With her moist hands Rey went over her hair, patting down her flyway's. Usually Rey didn't care what she looked like on Jakku because she lived alone. Now she had a companion alongside her. Ben. She whirled around to spot him sitting on a rock far down from her. He looked like he was meditating. Careful not to be spotted staring Rey busied herself again with the water. She looked at her glassy reflection in the water, her hair was neat, her skin was tanned, and her eyes were bright. She look at her round  brown eyes,  pursing her lips, pondering about what her mother would of looked like.

Rey felt the mist from the water above her as she skipped about on slippery rocks. Her gray boots were beginning to get soaked, that was a first. She flung her boots onto the dry land and walked barefoot. Her feet were rough from the coarse irritating sand and now the wet rocks felt like everything she's ever dreamed of. Rey skipped to the next rock but that one had green moss on it, it was much slippery than the one before. She yelped, and slipped off the rock and into the gushing water. Rey thought while the panic rose in her throat, I've never swam before.

AN: ugh I can't write a good enough reylo fanfic