Chapter 7

Rey felt the waves swarm around her like a trap while she sunk below the surface of the crashing waves. She couldn't bring herself to the surface even as she flapped her arms and legs like a manic bird. Rey's throat was beginning to swell painfully from the lack of oxygen, she found a rock in her wake and gripped onto it with such force her hands strained. Then-a crash sounding out of place sounded behind her. Her head was still bobbling beneath the surface, her arms and legs were beginning to dwindle in energy and stamina.

The rock had disappeared, her hand had slipped off, and she was moving in the water without being able to stop herself. Darkness was swirling in her vision, her head was becoming lightheaded, her lungs were contracting for the dry crisp air. She felt like giving up. Her heart was already slowing down with each sluggish beat.

Everything she experienced in the past month was washing away, dwindling to nothing but darkness. Rey's last thought was Ben. Ben. Where was he? Was he going to save her? Did Ben even know she was in the water? Panic was rose in her throat vigorously and she felt like screaming. But she couldn't. Rey couldn't even breath. On accident, she did and she began to choke on water.

Rey felt hands on her waist and she was suddenly being pulled up and out of the water. She felt the cold breeze against her bare arms, making her shiver. Ben lifted her in his arms, and Rey took him in with her wide hazel eyes. His hair was wet and it was a stark contrast against his skin. She studied his scar and she felt him stiffen. He had saved her. He set her down on the dry grass and she retched up the water. She never wanted to be near any water like that again. "Rey are you alright?!" Ben's voice went in and out of her hearing as she coughed up water, gulping the delicious air. "What were you thinking going in there?!" He actually sounded concerned for Rey, for her well being. Not many people had ever worried about her like this. She had not one person to even care for her in her past life. Finn caered for her and some of the resistance fighters but this was different.

Rey's heart was hammering in her chest, she lifted herself up with all her lasting energy. It wasn't enough,  she fell into Ben's big arms. He froze in shock and Rey pulled herself tighter against his wet soggy clothes. Her wet clothes and his warm but wet clothes mingled with hers and she was being warmed up, the coldness slowly vanishing from her body. "No one's ever saved me" she admitted, her throat rough as sandpaper. Rey almost wanted to take it back. Finn had saved her from him. The man she was enveloped in a hug with. It wasn't actually being saved because Rey could of easily made her way out of Starkiller base without any help.

It was strange to think this man had once been her enemy and now he had saved her. Rey could trust him now. She had too. Why was she even with him now? She hated him. He was going to protect her--from Snoke. "Ben!" she gasped, sitting up. "Snoke" she whispered. Rey had forgotten about him. "What?" Ben asked, his eyes searching her face. "Snoke" she said more clearer. "What about it?" he stepped towards her. "We have to kill him" she pronounced. Not even a look of evilness pronounced itself on his expression. He looked shaken from it, like he didn't even want to do it. "Not now Rey! We need time, plans, and allies!" "The Resistance!" she thought immediately.

"People will want me dead" he said. His face was solemn.

Rey's heart dropped "What do you mean?!" Even asking the question Rey knew exactly why. She wanted to kill him before. Only when she tapped into the Dark Side and fought recklessly against it and him. 

Don't be a silent reader!

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow