Chapter 9

I love you. Those three words kept repeating in Rey's head as they made their way into the Resistance base. They were taking a way where no one was around; behind the green hills that surrounded the buildings. Ben was close besides her, looking extremely worried. He was still wearing his outfit from the day she had met him. Rey mentioned that with a light laugh and said it would be better if he changed into normal clothes so he wouldn't stand out as much. He seemed to like the idea, they snuck into a storage room and found clothes. He changed in another room, and when he came out Rey was surprised that he looked very nice in a pair of pants and a v-neck shirt. Not that she thought he wouldn't, it was strange to see him in such ordinary clothes. Rey was still in her Jedi outfit because that's exactly what she was. A Jedi. Well not exactly yet. "You ready?" Rey asked. He nodded, lips pursed into a tight line.

When they entered the command room where Leia's whereabouts usually were, the whole room had been buzzing with activity but now everyone froze and it became silent. The silence reminded Rey of the island at night, eerie and calm. This silence was anything but calm, she could see people shooting Ben death stares and some looked terrified. Ben was tall and he loomed over many Resistance men and woman with his broad shoulders and muscular body.

The crowd suddenly parted and Leia, her eyes wide and searching collapsed to the ground. Ben ran towards her, brushing into Rey's shoulder when he past her. "BEN" she wailed. He embraced her into a tight hug, Leia's face was wet with fresh tears, her gray hair falling out of it's crown braid as he stroked the strands of it. "Mom" he gasped. That one word sent shivers down Rey's spine, it held such raw emotion of sadness. "EVERYONE OUT" she yelled. the action surprised Rey, Leia was a calm and collective woman. Not today. In a blink of an eye everyone evacuated the room in a loud movement, everyone whispering. She heard: Ben Solo, killed his father, Kylo Ren, First Order. Rey closed her eyes and began to mediate, bringing out the sound so she could calm her nerves. She heard a slap, opened her eyes and saw Ben's hand on his cheek. "You son of a bitch..." she cried. Rey couldn't take it "Leia please we didn't come here for this nonsense. We need your help." Ben gave her a look of surprise, the right side of his face was a red hand mark. Rey suppressed a giggle. Leia said, a smile forming onto her thin serious lips "That was not nonsense. Ben needs some sense knocked into him" "Yes he does but--" Ben interrupted her "What?" "We need your help to take down Leader Snoke" Rey finished, breathless. Leia was speechless.

"Where's Luke" she asked after a few moments. "The island" Rey said. Leia looked at Rey, her eyes going up and down. "How did you do it" she said lowly. "Do what?" "Bring my son back" her eyes watered. Ben cleared his throat, looking awkward. "I-I-" Rey began. "Leia" Ben snapped. Astonished, Rey looked over at him. They met eyes and Rey felt a current of energy move between them. "Will you help us" Ben said. Leia nodded. "Give us a week. We still need time to recover. You two go rest, I'll show you the sleeping quarters"

Sleeping in the bed next to Rey was Ben. They had been assigned a room next to Leia, and it was huge. The bed sheets were made of expensive material that would take years of scavenging to pay for such an expensive thing. She stroked it's smooth velvety surface, trying to lull herself to sleep. It wouldn't come. Rey was busy focused on the immense energy coming from Ben, tugging her towards him. If anything she was too shy to ask if she could sleep with him. "Rey" Ben said, his voice sounded far away as if she was actually asleep, in a lucid dream. It came again, this time in a worried tone "Rey?!" "Ben?" she gasped, noticing him kneeling besides her bed. His eyes searched her face, then his hand carefully came to cup her face in his big hand. His hand was warm. "Ben.." "What is it?" he said softly, his breath making her strands of hair whisp in the air. "I can't sleep because my mind won't stop thinking about Snoke" she lied. His head inched towards her face and she sucked in her breath.

AN:IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SOOOO LONG. I've been busy with school and sports that I haven't had the time to sit down for hours and type up all my stories I desperately need to update. I hope you liked that even though it sucked and was SUPER short.

I'll update again soon :)