Chapter 20

NEW COVER!!!!

!!!CREDIT TO PANDA CAPPUCCINO FOR THIS WONDERFUL ART!!!!

"Rose ran off" Finn said. From behind a sweet voice said "I'm right here." Rey submerged in an embellishing relief. "Rose!" Rey gave her friend a hug. She stilled in her arms, surprised at the embrace. Finn wrapped his arms around them both saying "We won guys." Poe interrupted "Not yet buddy." Ben nodded "We have to destroy this base until it no longer remains." "Already on it. Let's get the hell out of here" Poe jerked his chin towards a door. Rose unlatched herself from Rey and took Finn's hand. She whispered something softly under her breath. Rey looked at Ben, sensing his feelings. She felt fear, happiness, and something else that felt atrocious. She gave him a wondering look and he only took her hand to run out into the expanse of freedom. 

The Falcon shot into the sky with a maddening force and Rey's heart jumped back into her rib cage from the quick momentum. Ben was piloting his rightful ship with a small smile on his lips. "You're staring at him again" Rose whispered while leaning into her. Rey fought the heat crawling up from her neck to her cheeks. She felt accustomed to Rose's usual banter. It was one to ignore. 

Poe and Finn both intruded into their conversation, wiggling their brows. Rey giggled and said, "Are we going to celebrate our victory?" Finn smiled, flashing his bright teeth "Of course." "I hope Leia is okay" Rose's eyes dropped to the ground. Ben turned around "She will be more than okay. She's my mother." A communicator chip talked on Poe's lap. "Leader Poe?" a shrill voice said. "Kira?" Poe spoke into the device. "We've destroyed the base!" Kira whooped. Poe shot up from his chair, pumping his fists in the air in triumph. Ben gave him a lopsided smile.  

 She was supposed to marry the Prince of Alderaan. Rey thought of that through their trip back, feigning a relaxed face. When they made it back to a new base on the outskirts of Naboo, due to the First Order ruining their other base, it was horrendous. Men and woman, species of all kind applauded their arrival.  People were lighting fireworks and swirling banners and signs in the air. A few said; Ben Solo is our hero. Today is the beginning of peace!  

Rey felt tears rim around her eyes, mocking her self-control. Ben took Reys's hand, looking down at her. "Ben we've won. Thanks to you!" she stood on the tip of her toes to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. He smiled cordially at her, eyes gleaming with a beautiful hope of the future. Touching his hand now brought emotions flooding into her head, tragic and wonderful visions. It was all too much for her to fathom. To put them all in one piece. His phantom trendils came into her head and she had to back away from him in order to regain consciousness into reality. "Rey--" Ben began. "GUYS LETS GO!" Finn hollered, cutting Ben off. They were all waiting for them at a respective distance. Rose gave Rey a look, wiggling her eyebrows. She ignored her and nodded, adjusting her hair to a presentable manner. Ben chuckled and Rey swatted him playfully, an immense feeling of gratification filling her stomach.

"You two are so cute" Rose blabbed as they walked down the aisle in the parade. Finn laughed quietly next to Rose, his arm in hers. Poe seemed to be keeping an abnormal distance while wearing his winning smile. Ben ducked his head and looked away, pretending like he didn't hear a thing. Rey shot her friend a look before turning back to the crowd to wave and smile.