Chapter 16

Rey's mind raced over his words. Her heart was pounding so hard that the tempo moved like a current through her. It was hard to digest the phrase because she never thought she would hear those words ever coming from between his lush lips. Never imagined it. "Marry me?" she said quietly, sounding unsure. Ben took a few steps to her until no space remained between them. She felt his breath on her like ice. Rey thought that they could never be close enough. She wanted to be closer to him. Her shaking body pressed closer against his buff body. He looked down at her, a few pieces of his hair falling over his eyes. She pulled them aside. 

"I want to marry you. I want you. I want to live with you forever until my last dying breath. After this I want you to be my wife" Ben said, his voice velvety soft. Wife. I want to marry you.Rey felt his voice as if she could feel it on her skin like a silky dress, slowly slipping off

A chill ran up her spine, making her shiver. "Do you want this?" he asked, his voice was laced with hurt. "Of course I do" she took his hands. "I thought you didn't for a second" he muttered, ducking his head. "You underestimate my character" Rey teased.

 He chuckled and the world shook around them. Loud noises, like the cracking of thunder sliced through her ears. Ben's face drained of any color and he took her arm and dragged her inside. "Do you think it's the First Order?" Rey asked, her voice was barely relevant with the commotion outside. "Yes I am afraid" he leads her into the busy hallway filled with many men and woman. Her eyes search for friends, desperately scanning through the panic of Resistance fighters. Many people were shouting but Rey couldn't focus on one voice. There were too many to pinpoint. 

He dragged her through the mass of people. Ben stood over almost everyone, a stark contrast from the crowd. He was all black and others were wearing suits, ready for war. "We have to look for my mother" Ben said close to her ear. Rey nodded, pretending to look for his mother but she was looking for her dear friend Finn. When she spotted him she almost drowned in relief. Rose, next to him, gave her a blissful smile. Despite the chaos, she was still her happy bubbling self. "Go to your friends and I'll look for Leia" Ben said and he rushed off into the crowd. 

"Ben--" she started but he was too fast. Her face crumpled. She wanted to stay with him. "Rey come on, it's the First Order" Finn tugged on her elbow as she kept staring after Ben. Rey nodded, following after her friends. They emptied in a big round room where only a few people loitered. "Stay here Rey" Finn said, turning to Rose. "Where's Poe?" Rey asked. "Getting ready to crush the First Order" Finn stated, looking smug. Rose rolled her eyes and patted Finn's shoulder "Let's go buddy." Rose gave Rey a hug before they left. Rey took a minute to look at her surroundings. There were boxes of weapons and food."What are we doing here?" she asked. A young girl, clutching a stuffed toy said "We're here to stay safe. We don't fight in the rebellion." Dumbfounded Rey smiled at the child. She couldn't stay here. She had to get to Ben.

Rey weaved her way through the corridors, her eyes glazed in panic. She arrived at the room where Leia had been but it was empty. "Ben?" she called. When there was no answer she closed her eyes, everything around her became silent. Ben. She searched for his subconscious. No answer. A few heartbeats later she felt a tug of direction. Rey's feet began to move and she was running. Before she knew it she was outside. It was chaos. Like a compass telling her where to go her mind kept willing her to go in a certain direction. First Order ships were flying above in the blue sky against Resistance fleet. The noises of ships and ammunition pounded all throughout her eardrums, she felt it throughout her body. Stormtroopers marched about, shooting the opposing side.  

Rey spotted Ben's red crossguard lightsaber like the only star in a black sky she'd ever recognize. "BEN!" she shouted. Stormtroopers spotted her and they aimed their blasters. Rey's hand spread before her resulting in a blast of power, knocking them off their feet. Ben approached her and was stopped by a man in all black. He had orange-red hair and was almost as tall as Ben. Rey immediately knew who it was. General Hux. Her stomach clenched in disgust and horror. Rey ran over to them, reaching for her lightsaber.