Chapter 18

With her plans of finding anyone else possessing a threat towards Ben thoughtfully laid out Rey began to fall asleep.....

Rey stepped forward onto the desert sand. It moved beneath her feet, the only noise in the almost deafening silence. She looked around with hopeless filled eyes. For miles, there was only sand, nothing to be seen through the bright sweltering sun. When her eyes slowly adjusted to the harsh light she spotted a Hutt. She ran and slowly the sand became slippery. It was desolate and lonely, the only company it had was a rusty speeder.  To Rey, everything about this dream reminded her of Jakku. It was Jakku. Rey could see the arching structure of the entrance behind the waves of heat.  From a distance, Rey could here shrill cries and screams. It came so suddenly she swayed on her feet out of a dazed surprise. After a few moments appeared two young adults restraining a child. "Let me go!" the girl cried. Her hair was tied up in three knobs. Rey cocked her head to the side, mystified by what she saw. It was Rey when she was younger. "We'll give her to you! We need more money for drinks" the woman begged in a beseeching tone. A big creature hobbled into the light, laughing in a cruel mocking tone "For drinking money? In the middle of this war?"  "Unka--" the man started. Unkar Plutt.  Where did that nasty creature come from? Rey shot forward. They didn't even pay her any heed. This is only a dream Rey told herself. A vision created by the hands of the Force itself. Or-- The woman shoved the girl forward and she cried out. "Mommy no!" she blubbered, tears making clean tracks down her dirty face. They ignored the child and left in their ship. The girl screamed, watching as they disappeared into the blue sky "No come bacckkk!!!" The girl looked up at the ugly creature, her eyes questioning. "Quiet girl" the ugly creature growled, his voice a rumble of  boiling anger. He took her small arm with his large meaty hand and was dragged against her will. 

Rey had only been a few years old. 

She had seen this vision before. 

Except it had been shortened. Cut into smaller shards of memories. Now she had the entire picture of who her parents had been. Filthy junk traders that didn't care for their own daughter. 

Rey woke up with a start, her head immediately turning to Ben where he sat alone, the dream echoing in the back of her mind. He had a pen in his hand and was sketching something on paper. So Ben didn't lie to Rey after all. He was right. They were nobodies who sold her for drinking money. 

When she stood her head pounded in discomfort. Her head felt like it was swaying despite her feet solid on the ground. Perhaps some fresh air would do her some good. "Are you okay?" Ben rushed over to Rey.  Her hazel eyes lit up when she looked at her companion. A thought echoed in the back of her mind: my fiancee. 

Ben beamed at her "Oh Rey your hair is a mess." His hands ruffled her brown hair, making it twice as chaotic. She smiled, wrapping her coat closer around her "Let me clean up." He flashed his most winning smirk and Rey found it hard not to giggle. 

When she was done Rey entered the room. Ben was midway in taking his shirt off. Rey stole a quick glance and remembered the first time seeing him shirtless. It made her whole body grow in immense heat flashing back to that memory. Now the sight of him shirtless again stole her breath away. Ben spoke into her subconscious, reeling with thoughts. Enjoying the view I assume? Rey had to turn around to hide her blush, pushing aside his hasty attempts to invade her mind again. I actually was enjoying the view until you mentioned it she voiced to herself.

 A few heartbeats later and his hands touched her waist. She turned her head to look at him. The kiss obliterated her. Ben was still shirtless and she really wanted to touch all his muscles. He was so passionate but yet so delicate when he kissed her. It took a lot of restraint to pull back. He let out an unpleasant noise deep in his throat.