Chapter 4

I walk into the apartment and I see Nick and Dad at the dinner table. "Right on time Haiz." Dad says and Sarah sets dinner on the table along with sitting down. I sit next to Nick and Dad said "We have news for you two." Sarah and him look at each other along with giggling like two young teens in love. "We are going to have the wedding in a week!" I spit back in my drink and said "What!?" Dad chuckles and said "We have been debating when to have the wedding and we decided that next week will be the best. And Nick will be my best man and you Hailee with be Sarah's Maid Of Honor." I feel my anger boiling inside and I nodded along with biting my lip. "We were so excited to tell you two and we cannot wait for the wedding." Sarah says and smiles at the both of us. They smile and Nick wishes them congratulations but I stay quiet. "So. How was your day at school Haiz?" Dad asks and I said "Fine...I got an interesting History project.." Dad nods and said "What is it?" I pull it the photo and put it in my lap. "We are researching superheroes. And I got one called Jewel." Dad and Sarah both spit in their glasses along with Dad coughing. "That sounds interesting Hailee." He says through him coughing and there is a silence for a while. Sarah and Dad stare at each other and Dad say "Hailee..is there a way that you could change the person you get?" I rose my eyebrow and said "I'm pretty sure you get what you get and you don't throw a fit still applies in high school History." Dad sighs and said "Hailee...please just ask your teacher tomorrow if you could change people.." I frown and said "I will." I start to eat dinner and they all talk about the wedding but I stay quiet. I finish eating and I put my plate away along with going to my bedroom. I was pissed and confused. Why did Dad and Sarah have to drop the wedding bomb? And then why did dad want me to change my person? It made no fucking sense. I go in my room and shut the door behind me along with pulling out my phone. I text Winn and say 'Their getting officially married next week.' He replies right away 'Shit! That sucks ass. Sorry' I was going to text him again but someone knocks at my door and I hear Sarah ask to come in. I frown and said "Go ahead." I sit on my bed and Sarah walks in. "You okay? You just stormed off and Dad wanted me to make sure your fine." I frown and said "Why wouldn't be fine? You two just dropped the wedding bomb.." She sighs and said "Look Hailee...I'm sorry that we didn't tell you earlier..but we know you would overreact..like you do..But..we want you to be there..do it for your father." I roll my eyes and I said "I'll come anyway.." Sarah hands me the picture of Jewel and I stare at it. "Why doesn't he want me to do this person?" Sarah sighs and sits next to me along with looking at me. "This woman..has hurt your father in many ways..and I don't think he wants you to learn about her." I nod and said "I guess that seems legitimate...." Sarah sighs and said "Just trust us Hailee." He gives me a hug and I wince because I don't like Sarah touching me. She lets go and said "But..I cannot wait for you to be my maid of honor." She gets up and she leaves the room. I sigh and I look outside along with thinking to myself. I need to clear my mind and I sighed along with lying on my bed. I put on my headphones and lie in bed along with staring at the ceiling. This is how I clear my mind and I shut my eyes along clearing my mind.