Chapter 7

I finish my homework and I decided that I wanted to go to the nearby park. I tell Sarah that I'm heading out and she says goodbye. I head outside and walk down the street. The park that I was going to was one that I use to go to all the time when I was younger and I still come here. A million thoughts rush through my mind and I was still thinking about the stuff I found in dads office. I turn into the park and I walk to the playground area. I look around the playground and some kids are playing on the slide along with the play structure. I walk over to the swings and start to swing. I keep thinking about the file..its stuck in my head. Abuse? Am I sure I read that right? Yep..it said abuse. The photos I had found from the days my parents were together showed no sign of hatred or abuse..but I didn't know what was going on behind the photos. I sigh and I look around at the people in the park. Parents on their phones or they are playing with their kids. I watch as couples pass by and I sigh. I look at the streets and watched as people pass by. Then one couple passes by that catches my eye. A black tall man and a semi-tall black haired woman. The woman holds a young girls hand and she is talking to the child. I get off the swing and walk towards the sidewalk. The woman catches eyes with me for a second and then focuses her eyes on her man. The woman resembles..mom. Oh my fucking God..that's mom. My mother. I stare at them and they turn the corner. I stayed there looking dumbfound and I snap out of it when someone bumps into my shoulder. She...has a new husband and kid. Wow. I don't know if I'm feeling hate, anger, or happiness. Maybe a mixture of happiness and anger. I couldn't believe that she just passed by and I didn't even go up to tell her that I'm her daughter. The last time she saw me was when I was a baby, so I highly doubt she would buy the fact that I'm her daughter. I sigh and I think about it. She is my mom..that much I know. I wish I would have gone up and said something to her but I didn't. I just told there like a dumbfound idiot. I sigh and bite my lip along with checking my watch. Almost 6..Dad would be home soon and dinner would be at 6:30. Maybe I should go the way they did and that's what I do. I know my way back to the apartment, so I'm fine. I turn the corner they did and they are still there. Mom is on her phone and the man is holding their daughter. I pull out my phone and get a picture of mom along with checking to make sure it's somewhat good quality. It is and I stare at them a little more before my phone rang. Dad..shit. I pick up my phone and hit answer. "You on your way home yet?" Dad asks and I look up to see mom staring at me. We lock eyes but then her man says something. They walk off and I hear dad say "Hailee? Are you coming home yet?" I snap out of it and said "Yes." I hang up and I head back the way I came. I go inside and take the elevator up to the apartment. I check my phone and the photos are obviously my mom. And she saw me..does she know who I am? I hear the elevator ding and I go to the door along with unlocking it. There is jazz playing in the kitchen and dad along with Sarah stand there. They're making dinner and I go upstairs to my bedroom along with shutting the door. I check out the photos and I smile to myself. The people are the same and that is my mom. Not that I really doubted but now I had complete confirmation. I now just had to meet her and ask some questions. But I know that I might not be able to do that because..dad might catch me or maybe mom might not want to meet me at all. I scratch my head and I pull out my notebook along with writing down something. I tape the photo from dads box into the notebook and I also write down something else. I hear a knock at the door and I put the notebook away. "Hailee? Dinners almost ready." I hear dad say and I get off my bed along with stepping outside. "Had a good day?" Dad asks as we walk down the stairs and I nodded with a smile. "Great dad..um..dad..is there a way that I could maybe..I don't know..meet mom?" Dad stops dead in his tracks and said "No." I frown and said "Why?" He sighs and said "Hailee..I don't trust her at all. Plus your too young." I frown and said "I've never met her before! Plus, I'm bold enough!" Dad sighs and said "Hailee..just trust me..I'm saving you a waste of time. Plus Jessica won't care.." I frown and want to say something but don't. I go to the dining room and sat down. Sarah sat down dinner and Dad sits down. He stares at me and I avoid his eye. He sighs and we eat dinner in silence.