Chapter 22

(Hey guys! Thanks for 300 views! And Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry this is shorter! I plan to post another part today! Thanks!)

I hear the final bell ring and I walk downstairs to Mr.Harrelson's room. I walk in and I said "I need advice." He looks up from his book and I sit down in the chair next to his desk. "My somewhat boyfriend is gonna come over to meet my parents and I know my dad is gonna hate him." Mr.Harrelson nods and I continue. "My dad has never let me have a boyfriend because he's afraid I'll have sex and get pregnant...like what happened with my mom..at least that's what I think..but beyond that..My dad will probably not even let Jon through the door and I don't know what to do." Mr.Harrelson chuckled and said "Well. I have a daughter of my own..she's a lesbian, so I never had to worry about boys." He hands me a picture and said "That is my wife, me, and my daughter Sinéad. She is 26. And married to her wife Lena. They live in Germany." I look at the photo and his wife is beautiful. Long semi-dark brown hair, beautiful eyes, and a great smile. He has his arm around the both of them and they look like a happy family. I always wanted a family portrait or photo with my parents that was recent. But there wasn't any. Dad had recently gotten a new family portrait for Sarah for their wedding and we were all in it. I sigh and I said "Okay..but I'm not a lesbian..I need straight advice!" Mr.Harrelson laughs and he said "Alright. Well..as long as your boyfriend isn't a bad guy or a douchebag...then your good! I mean it's not like your boyfriend drinks or smokes marijuana." I shrug and said "I guess..but I'm scared that my dad will hate him." Mr.Harrelson shrugs and said "And if he does...well..keep seeing him in secret." I put my feet on the desk and he looks over at me. "Well..I guess I can." He nods and he pulls something out of his pocket. He lit a cigarette and opened the window along with smoking it. He did this all the time after school and he was never caught before. I let him smoke and I look at the picture of his wife along with his daughter. "So, how's your family Hailee?" Mr.Harrelson asks and I shrug. "Sarah and Dad are very close now. Spending as much time as they can together..already want another kid...dad wants to wait to have one a year later but Sarah wants one sometime this year." Mr.Harrelson nods and blows out smoke along with looking at me. "My wife and I only wanted one kid. One was enough and Sinéad was a load of work..she was very..what's the word..spunky." I nod and said "My dad never really expected to be a father..my mom gave birth to me and then she left five months afterwards..Dad raised me alone and then met Sarah. They had my brother Nick and he got married to Sarah two weeks go.." Mr.Harrelson nods and said "How long was your mom married to your dad?" I shrug and said "Three or two years..they dated a long time before. They dated for about five months..then she got pregnant. He preposed and  they got married. Mom left and they divorced. My mom is distant.." He looks at me and said "That has to suck..not really knowing the woman who gave birth to you." I shrug and said "I got use to it. I use to ask a lot when I was younger..wether mom was coming home later or I'd ask if mom was dead? I was like six when I asked if mom was dead and Dad had to explain to me that Mom had left." Mr.Harrelson nods and I check the watch. "I gotta go. Sarah hates waiting." He nodded and said "Alright." I grab my stuff and I head out to Sarah who sat in the car. I open the door and set my bag down along with smiling. "All good?" She asks and I nod. I shut the door and we head to the apartment.