Chapter 10

I pace back and forth along with waiting outside of Trish Talk. This was it..as soon as Trish walked outside, I was just gonna ask her and then leave. I didn't want to cause a scene or freak her out. I probably look like an idiot because I'm pacing back and forth and murmuring what I'm gonna say to her. I had two ideas how I can get to the topic of my mom and dad along with making her believe that I'm Jessica's daughter. It's 3:50...only 10 minutes till her show ends. I sigh and feel someone's body slam into mine. I fall to the ground and said "Watch where your walking!" The person set their stuff aside and said "Sorry..Sorry. I didn't see you." He has a British accent..don't have that much around here. He helps me up and I said "It's fine." I look at him and he has somewhat curly light brown hair. He has a small stubble but hardly any..he wears a long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans. "I'm sorry miss..?" I look at my watch and said "Uh..Hailee Jones-Thompson." He nods and shakes my hand. "I'm Jon. Jon Boothe." I shake his hand and said "Uh..I have to go." I go inside the building and I hear him ask if he will see me again. I don't reply because he probably won't see me again after what I'm doing now or if my dad finds out. It's now 3:57. 3 more minutes..I pace back and forth along with thinking about what I was gonna say to her. Those three minutes pass by fast and I see as Trish's door opens. She talking to someone and then she starts to walk my way. "Uh..Miss Walker?" I say and she turns to me. Her blonde hair is down and her blue eyes look at mine. "I'm a writer at The Bulletin and we are interviewing people of Hells Kitchen..I was wondering if I could ask some questions.." She smiles and said "Sure. Do you mind if we can head to my apartment for the interview?" I bit my lip and nodded along with following her. Okay..so far so good. We go to her apartment and I am impressed. She has a hell of an apartment and she gets me a glass of water. I notice a photo on her table and its her with..mom. They definitely knew each other. "So. What would you like to ask miss.." I sigh and said "Hailee Jones-Thompson." I see her face tense and she said "Ask away Hailee." I nod and said "You have the biggest talk show in New York. I guess..how do you do it?" She chuckled and said "I just do. I have always loved working on the talk show. And it is an easier job then what others do in Hells Kitchen. With our defenders protecting the city." I nod and write down what she said. "So. You stand with the Defenders of Hells Kitchen. Do you know any of them personally?" Trish bites her lips and said "I do..My adoptive sister Jessica. And her husband Luke." I nod and said "Uh..Did Jessica have a husband before that?" Trish sighs and said "Yes..A man who was probably the most cruel person I had ever met..well besides my mother." She chuckles and I rose my eyebrow. "This man..what was he like?" She sighs and said "Well..he was vey short tempered..quick to anger..Jessica constantly told me that he was never satisfied with anything she did for him...but they did have a kid..I never understood why she let that man impregnate her..that kid is about 17 now." She looks at me and said "You look like her..a lot." She grabs a photo of Jessica and places it next to me. "So. Your their kid?" She asks and crossed her arms with a smile. "How did-." She chuckled and said "I've seen you before. Always wanted to approach and say something. Never did because I was afraid that your father would find out..he hates me." I sigh and said "I'm here about my parents relationship in the past..I found some stuff that was...disturbing..some files and some photos.." Trish sighs and said "Of course you did..well I don't know much about their past relationship..you father kept me out of Jessica's life when he was around..I remember when Jessica wanted me to help take you from your father's home..sort of kidnapping..I didn't want to get involved..but she attempted it anyway...As I can tell..it didn't work." She sighs and she gets up along with pulling out a photograph. She pulls it out of the frame and unfolds a photo. She hands it to me and she said "This is a good photo..of them." I sigh and look at it. Mom and Dad looked happy..he was kissing her head and she had her eyes shut along with a smile on her lips. "Thanks.." I said and she said "Have you met your mom..like had a conversation?" I shake my head no and Trish pulls out her phone. "No. Don't call her." I said and Trish rose her eyebrow. "Why? She needs to know that you are okay...and with me. She can take you away from him.." I shake my head no and said "Dad will freak out.." I get up and check my watch. "I have to go." Trish sighs and nodded along with saying "Alright. Here's my number." She wrote it down and hands it to me. I leave her apartment and rush back to the apartment. I was gonna be 10 minutes late and I'll just say that I was with Winn. I rush inside and Dad looks up from his book. "Ten minutes late love..Reason?" I sigh and said "With Winn. We didn't realize that it was 6." Dad nods and said "Alright." I go upstairs and I go to the bathroom along with shutting the door. I stare at my reflection and I decide that I need to have a nap. I go to my bedroom and lie down along with shutting my eyes.