Chapter 23

I told Dad and Sarah that Jon was coming to dinner. Dad seemed alright with it and Sarah was happy that I was bringing him over. He texted me saying that he was on his way and I sit in the living room waiting. He promised to be on his best behavior even though he always his and he was so excited. I was nervous as hell but I kept a calm look on my face. "Okay. Dinner is ready." Sarah says and the knock on the door echoes through the apartment. "I got it!" I say and rush to the door. I open it and there stands Jon. He's dressed up in a sweatshirt, jeans, and his hair is straightened. He holds some flowers and I let him in. Sarah smiled and said "You must be Jon. I'm Sarah." He nods and said "I've heard a lot about you." Sarah smiles and she said "Great to know. I'll take the flowers. Take a seat at the table." Jon nods and he sat down along with smiling at me. I sat next to him and Nick came downstairs along with looking at Jon. "Is your father on the way down?" Sarah asks and Nick nods. Jon looks at me and I smile along with hearing footsteps come down the stairs. Dad comes down and he looks at Jon. "So. You must be Jon." He says and Jon nods. "Yes. You must be Mr.Thompson." Dad was taken aback that Jon was British and he looks at me. "Hailee didn't tell me that you were from Britain." He nods and said "Yep." Dad smiles and said "Great. Now, let's have some dinner." Maybe this would go good but I couldn't tell. Sarah sets the table and she puts the food. She had made her famous chicken and rice and it smelled amazing. "So. Jon, how long have you lived here?" Sarah asked and Jon smiles. "For about 7 months or so. I came from London." Dad rose an eyebrow and said "Really? What did you do there?" Jon shrugs and said "I worked in Camden..I worked in a photography shop." Dad and Sarah nod. "I'm now a ER Nurse assistant..in training..I always loved the idea of being a nurse. My father wanted me to be in the family business where we own a book shop but I wanted to be a nurse in America." Dad nods and said "Sounds interesting." I look over at Nick who looks rather uninterested about the conversation and he ate along with looking over at Sarah and dad every now and then. "So...Dad and Sarah, could Jon and I go on a date?" Dad rose an eyebrow and said "Absolutely no-" "Of Course you two can!" Sarah says cutting into dads sentence and I heard him say ow but I am to happy to notice. Jon looks at me and he said "Great. I promise I'll have her home by 10 PM." Dad shakes his head no and said "9:50. I don't need to get over worried about her being with you..I have always never liked Hailee being out beyond 10." I roll my eyes and Sarah smiled. "Just make sure that Hailee is back around 10." Dad glares at Sarah and she smiled. We all finished eating and I grab my jacket along with looking at Jon. "Well..We are off. Be back around 10." I say and Dad nods along with smiling. "Love you Haiz." He says and I nod along with waking out. "Okay. So, you and I are gonna go to the movies. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is out." I chuckle and said "I love Harry Potter." We head downstairs and Jon says "Favorite character?" I blush and said "Draco Malfoy.." Jon burst out laughing and he said "Draco? Wow.." He smiled and shook his head. "My favorite was Ginny. Always thought she was hot." I nod and said "What house are you in?" He smiles and said "Ravenclaw. You?" I smile and said "Slytherin." He nods and said "So I'm dating a Draco Malfoy lover and a Slytherin! Great!" We walk into the theater and we get our tickets along with getting popcorn. We go inside the theater and I sat down along with Jon sitting next to me. The movie began and we sat there. He slowly puts his arm around me and I blush along with smiling. We enjoy the movie and I loved watching it. The movie ended and Jon and I walk home. "That was just amazing! I want to be a wizard!" I say and he laughs. We head to the apartment and go upstairs. "This was fun..we should do it again." He nods and he kissed my cheek along with checking his watch. "Only 4 minutes early!" We high five and he said "Night Haiz." I nod and I kiss his lips softly. "Night Jon." He blushed and I go into the apartment along with going straight upstairs with a dorky grin. I go into my bedroom and lie down along with sighing with a smile.