Chapter 18

I sit in the room where I have been getting ready for the wedding and I stare in the mirror. I'm didn't want to be here..I felt like I was gonna throw up any minute but I kept the feeling down. I sat at the mirror and was doing my make up. It's not the best but it's what I can do. I haven't seen Sarah or dad for the last few hours. They have probably been working on getting ready and making sure they look perfect for the other. I don't want to be here..just the thought of the wedding just made me want to cry. I don't know why I was feeling like this now and I'm pretty sure that it is not nerves. I finish my make up and adjust my dress. It all looked perfect and I had kept my hair down because I like it that way. I rub my head and grab my headphones along with my phone. I put in my headphones and I hit shuffle on my music. The song that comes on calms me down a little and I walk back in forth. It's just a wedding Hailee..you don't need to make a scene and you need to calm down. Breathe..breathe..breathe. I say to myself and breathe in and out. It's my way to calm down and it works perfectly. I hear a knock at my door and I rose an eyebrow. Who the hell is that? I open the door and its Dad. "Mind if I come in?" He asks and I shake my head no. He walks in and shuts the door behind him. "You look lovely Haiz." I nod and sit down along with looking down. "You okay? You seem jittery.." He says and I nod. "Nerves." He nods and said "Typical..god Hailee..I am so happy today..Sarah and I marry." I nod and bite my lip along with staring at the ground. "I know you aren't thrilled..but Hailee..could you please be happy today? For me?" He asks and I nod along with giving dad a hug. "Thanks sweetie.." He says and I nod along with looking at dad. He had his hair slicked back and he wore a dark suit. My dress matched his suit and he pulled out his phone. "This sounds stupid I know..but can I take a picture?" I nod and he grabbed his phone along with taking a picture of me in my dress. There's a knock at the door again and I sigh. I go to the door and I open it. It's Hank..well Uncle Hank is what I called him. "Wow. Hailee! You look amazing!" He says and I hugged him along with him hugging me back. Last time Hank saw me, I was 12 or 11. "Thanks Uncle Hank." I say and he nods. "Let's get going." He says to dad and he left along with waving goodbye. I nod and wave back along with looking at myself in the mirror. I decided that today was a day where I wouldn't run off scared and I would be there for my father. I sigh and I play some music from my phone along with sitting in the chair in the room. I hum along with the song and I stare out the window in the room. People were walking into the wedding area and my nerves strike up again. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe, and Breathe. I keep saying and it calms me. I hear a knock and I look up. "Hailee. We're getting ready..so hurry up." I hear one of the bridesmaids whose name was Lena saying and I replied "Alright." I keep my phone where it is and turn off the music. I stand up and walk out of the room. I head to where all the other women and Sarah stand. "Hailee..you look amazing.." Sarah says and I nod along with looking down. "Thanks.." We got in wedding order and I stand there along with rubbing my shoulder. Nervous as hell..that describes me right now but I keep it inside. The wedding music starts..there is no backing away now. We begin to walk to the door.