Chapter 26

(A/N: Hey Guys! I was wondering something and thought I would ask my readers. Should I do a Jessica and Kilgrave story that is before Hailee? I was wondering it and would like to know your guys opinion.)

I have been processing that video all day and I decide that if I want answers..I would have to go see mom. I told Sarah I was gonna go see Jon and she let me go. I walk down the streets and I decided to call Jon. "Hey Jon..uh you busy?" I ask and there is shuffling. "Nope. Everything okay?" I sigh and said "I'm heading to my moms..mind accompanying me?" He chuckled and said "Yep. I'll meet you at the park.." He hangs up and I go to the park along with waiting for him. I see him come from the corner and he walks over. We start to walk towards Luke's bar and he says "So. I get to meet your mom. Is she nice?" I shrug and said "I think she is..we don't talk much." He nods and said "You seem off. What happened?" I look at him and said "I'm fine. He rolls his eyes and he pulls me close to him. "You can tell me. My short girlfriend." I sigh and said "I found some video..of dad beating mom..it was recent..I need answers.." He nodded and said "Sounds shitty." I nod and we walk to Luke's Bar. I sigh and Jon says "So..what are you gonna ask?" I shrug and said "Questions." He rolls his eyes and I said "The video..it was a week ago..he beat my mom...it was sickening..there was no sound..." Jon nods and I open the door to Luke's bar along with going inside. He was standing at the bar like before and was cleaning like before. He smiled and said "You didn't call? You love showing up whenever don't you Hailee." I chuckle and said "Is my mom here?" He nods and said "Upstairs. And who's this?" He looks at Jon and he said "I'm Jon. Hailee's boyfriend." Luke nods and I head upstairs, leaving Jon with Luke. "Mom?" I say and I hear shuffling. "Hailee?" I hear her say and she appears around the corner. "Sorry I didn't call..I just wanted to talk real quick." She smiles and said "Sure. Can I get you anything to drink?" I shake my head no and sit in a chair. She comes back with a cup of whiskey and she says "So. What do you want to ask?" I rub the back of my neck and I look up and down her body. She didn't have any bruises on her body but she could be hiding them. "Uh..have you been to..I don't know..dads apartment recently?" I ask and she rose an eyebrow. "No. I wouldn't dare even go there." I sigh and said "I found a video.." Mom rolls her eyes and said "They are probably not real...Hailee..your father and I split and we never see each other anymore. We can't..restraining orders." I nod and I hear footsteps. It's Luke and Jessica's daughter Danielle. She smiles at me and Jessica smiled at her. "Hey sweetie." Jessica says and she picks her up along with kissing her head. It hurts seeing that because that could of been me if mom stayed but nope. Danielle looks at me and she said "Who's that mommy?" Jessica looks at me and said "That is your half sister Hailee." Danielle's face lit up and she hugged my legs. "Sissy." She says and I can't help but laugh. She has Luke's skin and moms eyes. "Luke and I might be planning to have another kid..but I'm not sure yet." Jessica says and I look at her. Another kid? She already had two and one she neglected at 5 months old. What makes her think she can have three kids and be alright? "Great." I say with a fake smile and my wanders back to the tape. Was it even mom? The woman looked exactly like her but I couldn't tell and I then notice a bruise on her upper shoulder. Maybe it was her but she didn't want to tell me. I sigh and said "It was nice to visit. But Jon and I gotta head back." Jessica rose her eyebrow and said "Jon?" I chuckle and said "Boyfriend.." She chuckled and said "Well..I want to meet him." We go downstairs and Luke is talking with Jon. "So. You must be Jon." He nods and he said "You must be Jessica?" She nodded and said "It's nice to meet you. Make sure your nice to my daughter." He nods and said "Alright..mam.." She nods and said "It was nice seeing you Hailee." She kissed my head and I nod along with smiling. Jon and I left. "Your stepdad, Luke..is so fucking cool!" Jon says and I laugh. "I guess he is." He put his arm around me and we walk to my dads apartment. We part ways and kiss goodbye. I go inside the apartment and grab that disc along with running upstairs. Time to get my Sherlock Holmes on.